It's been a while, but I haven't forgotten the random and rule-free tag from Jennifer at Playgroups Are No Place For Children
. Before I ask y'all for a favor, it's time for me to finally respond. Here are ten things that make me happy:
1. Summertime! I love having a tan, hanging out by the pool with the boys, living in swimsuits, shorts & baseball caps, sleeping in, long, sunny days, grilling and chilling, vacations, and birthday parties.
2. Spending time with my family. I haven't posted since Memorial Day, but we had a blast camping (in an RV, thankyouverymuch
--do I seem like a roughing it/tent camping kind of girl...ummmm
, no) kayaking and tubing, grilling out, enjoying s'mores
over the campfire, and making memories with Pop, my sister, and her two kiddos.
3. My DVR
!!!!! It makes managing my television obsessions easy and efficient. I just started watching "Jon and Kate Plus 8" on Discovery Health. This couple has two six year olds
, and SIX TWO YEAR-OLDS
!!!! Fascinating. I could post all day about it. The mom is a bey-otch
(wouldn't I be too, with five more Fat Babies running around here)...and totally treats her sweet husband like the ninth child. She yells at him in public & corrects him on camera. I can't wait to see more!
4. My faith. Shouldn't this have been #1 on the list? All I can say is God knows how my mind works, so He understands that it's bedtime & I'm just blowing off some steam. He knows that he is first in my heart, if not first on this list. My faith has carried me through a very tough year, and I've had to grow and learn to handle things that I never imagined. I know I will come through stronger on the other side.
5. My boys. They crack me up, they snuggle me, they give the best hugs and kisses, and they are gosh-darn adorable. Being a mom totally rocks! I even taught my parrot, Fat Baby, to say, "Mommy Wocks
!" With these two, happy doesn't even begin to cover it.
6. Blogging. This blogging thing just opened up a whole new world to me. I've made some very cool friends from all over, and I've been able to open up and just be me. It's a great outlet, a source of support, and so much fun.
7. My Baby's Daddy. He's my best friend, my biggest fan, and he really understands me. We have the same sense of humor, and that's the tone of our family. We laugh a lot, we don't sweat the small stuff, and we really are happy most of the time.
8. Zoloft. Literally.
9. Getting a pedicure. If My Baby's Daddy is reading this, I'm hoping he'll volunteer to watch the boys Friday evening so I can get one before we leave for the beach. I read somewhere that women really want to have lots of vacation sex if their toenails are freshly done...
10. Reading a good book. I love love love to read--I'm always working on something. Now, this is where you come in. Please comment with your favorite beach book
. We're leaving on Saturday, and I want to have lots of good reading material on hand. A trip to the book store is definitely on the agenda for Friday.
In case you're wondering...yes, I do have multiple lists for our trip. Yes, I do have a "staging area" where I'm organizing
& packing away, and yes, in keeping with the theme of this meme, it makes me happy happy happy!
Labels: lists, memes, summertime fun