Sunday, August 31, 2008

Menu Plan Monday, Football & Labor Day...feels like fall!




I've been doing weekly menu planning for a few months now, and I'm amazed at how much time and money I end up saving by just taking time to plan. I love to make one major grocery shopping trip each week, and to know what's on hand for the evening meal...even if I sometimes have to modify the plan if something comes up.

Here's what's cooking this week:

Saturday: grilled ribeye steaks, homemade steak fries, salad with balsamic vinaigrette and feta cheese, strawberry shortcake

(Doesn't that sound like a holiday meal? Hellooooo...it's the opening day of SEC football! Roll Tide, y'all. *Notice I made a dessert in our team's colors in honor of the first game of the season)

Sunday: slacker day--hot dogs & smoked sausage on the grill, chips, pickles, I might open a can of baked beans

Monday: Labor Day barbecue--ribs, corn on the cob, coleslaw, potato salad

Tuesday: baked chicken, macaroni & cheese, cucumber salad

Wednesday: breakfast for dinner--biscuits, gravy, thick cut peppered bacon, tomatoes, scrambled eggs

Thursday: fried cube steak, green beans, new potatoes

Friday: pizza night or dinner out

I'm getting in a rut! Help! I'd love some new ideas for dinner...I feel like we have the same things over & over again. I'll be checking out Organizing Junkie, and so should you!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too feel like I get in a rut sometimes. Checking out other people's menus always gives me ideas. I also have a general spreadsheet (I admit I'm somewhat of a nerd in this department) where I make a list of 6 weeks worth of main courses so I won't repeat much. I plan in more detail each week, but the general list helps.

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

I have been cooking out of the Holly Clegg's Trim and Terrific cookbook...it is DELICIOUS!

My family loves baked spaghetti. It is just like the real thing...but I use ziti and mix the meat sauce with the noodles in a casserole dish, cover it with grated mozzarella cheese and bake it at 350 for 20 minutes. YUM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home