Sunday, April 27, 2008

Celebrating My Neuroses...

Hi. Remember me? I used to write a blog here. If anyone is still checking in on my sorry ass, please be patient with me as it's the end of the school year and my calendar is double & triple-booked most days. Where did April go, anyway?

One reason I've been scarce is that we had a big blow-out bash for my friend who's moving in the next few weeks. It was last night & we managed to keep it a surprise. The party was great fun with friends who have also been neglected due to my crazy-ass schedule lately. We partied old-school, complete with a lot of booze, a band, and My Baby's Daddy upchucking after we got home at 1:15 a.m. He smelled like a damn brewery and I went to sleep in the bottom bunk in the boys' room. Good times.

I am now officially on the countdown to my annual girls' beach trip. Since it is less than two weeks away, today has been list-making day. Nothing makes me happier than a good list. Besides my list of what to pack, and what to do before I go, there is the Snack List. Some years we bring homemade snacks, and others we just buy everything when we get to the beach. But since fuel is forty bajillion dollars a gallon, we decided it would help our budget to bring some stuff from home. I tend to think of myself as The Queen of Snacks, and take my title quite seriously. I'm thinking of taking a couple of old favorites and debuting something new. Any ideas?

I also plan to take pre-made labels with everyone's name on them to stick on the ziplock bags when I (being a food snob, control freak, and born entertainer) make everyone's sandwich to enjoy on the beach. In years past, we've had to label them with a pen or some other crude and inferior method. People will either envy me or think I am a neurotic control freak. Whatever. If they want their damn sandwich, they'll sing my praises like a bunch of canaries. Don'tcha think?

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 6:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chirp, chirp!

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger The Laundress said...

I remember last year's beach trip...I'm still jealous.

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

I remember you....and NOTHING beats a good 7 layer dip! Let me know if you want or need the recipe!

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Ann(ie) said...

Kay I had a similar old school drinking experience last night. BUT, now I'm wanting a girly girl beach trip!!!! waaaaaaaaah!

And I'm a list lover. Love me a good list. Or 3.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger Pink in a sea of blue said...

Have a great beach trip! Our girls' trip is not until August. We need someone with a label maker!
I finally finished the meme! :)

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Aah the beach trip. If I recall correctly I too (like JJ) was very jealous.

Enjoy!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home