Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Purging

So, just one short week ago I could not move my head without tossing my cookies. I had a raging intestinal virus that was. not. pretty. The good news is that it helped out the WW weigh in last week & I've lost almost 25 pounds since January. I guess that's one reason there hasn't been an original and entertaining post around here in a while.

Upon my recovery, I resumed the tedious and much too labor-intense process of tackling the Spring 2008 Official To-Do List. It involves much organizing, decorating, and just plain old throwing crap away.

While I was recently away at a scrapbook week-end, My Baby's Daddy treated himself to a new bigass television, which he plopped on a new TV stand (very tasteful...which was a surprise. I never knew if he really had bad taste or was just cheap. I guess just cheap...although the stand wasn't. But it's to hold the new tv, so you know, no expense spared. Whatever. If he's going to freelance on furniture without approval, it better damn well be something I like. But I digress.) I am glad to see that he does have some taste deep down. I mean, I know he married me & all...I do love the new tv cabinet, so all's well.

Anyway, we now find ourselves with this big armoire that housed our old (normal sized) television. I have moved it into my our office, and it is being converted into a lovely home for scrapbooking supplies, gift wrap, stationery, and other essentials of life. It, and the room from which I blog, will soon be completely fabulous. For the first time, evah. Look for the quality and frequency of posts to improve. I've stolen found many great ideas on several of my new favorite blogs for inspiration.

So, I have plenty of projects to keep me busy until summer. At which time, I will be holding down a chair by the pool, occasionally glancing up from a good book to make sure both my children are above water. My Route 44 Diet Coke with Lime from Sonic may or may not will be topped off with Malibu coconut rum.

Edited to add: Please go to nbc.com and vote for Roger for the Biggest Loser finale! I will follow up with an in-depth Biggest Loser post, and tell you why I want to show Roger the love! (I love Mark, too--by the way!)

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Pink in a sea of blue said...

Just found your blog. I have 2 boys similar in age to yours: 6 and 3. I like Roger on Biggest Loser, too. I'll vote. Oh, saw your Easter cookie post. We do something similar: "Resurrection Rolls". You use crescent rolls, butter, marshmallows, cinnamon and suger. The marshmallow "disappears" in oven...we read the passages, too. I'll have to try the cookie thing next year. :)

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger so tired said...

I'd be crazy if my husband spent that kind of money without my approval. Only I'm allowed to do that! ;)

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Roger...???...is it wrong that I voted for Mark. I think with Mark in the finale it will give one of the women a better shot at winning.

BTW, I've been doing a Jillian Micheals workout and damn if she isn't as hardcore as she looks on Biggest Loser. But I love her!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home