Thursday, February 14, 2008

For the Love of Chocolate

Last night I was getting the boys ready for bath time, and it just so happened that Fat Baby's diaper was completely dry. And since my wish for him to just go ahead & potty train himself hasn't come true yet, I decided to take the opportunity for an easy shot....so to speak. I put him on the potty & poured a little warm bath water on the target shooter for some encouragement. And guess what? He DID it!!!! Woo hoo!

I wanted to make as big a deal as possible, and to do something quick to have him make the connection that: pee on potty = fun

I jumped up & down and clapped and cheered like crazy. Then I ran to the kitchen & grabbed a Dove milk chocolate heart. I gave it to him while he was still on there to reinforce the association. pee on potty = yummy chocolate

Around the corner I heard the sound of The President mumbling something. I asked what he said & I heard him coughing into his hand...."I need chocolate!"

"Why do you need chocolate? He got that chocolate for peeing on the potty...did you help him tinkle on the potty?"

"I was his agent."

He got the chocolate, of course.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Wade's World said...

Do you think the President will be ready to run for office by November? I would vote for him. Just a thought...

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Ann(ie) said...

hehe. Yup....he needs his commission!!!! TOO FUNNY!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I was cracking up on Clemsongirl's site when I saw your name. Hi from one Southern Fried to another. :)

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

I've said it once I'll say it again. I love that kid. The President truly rocks

 
At 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds so typical for my house. I think my little politician is thinking about the potty as well. I am not too sure-he really likes his big brothers' Paul Frank underwear though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home