Thursday, November 15, 2007

Breakin' the Law

My oldest child is a sponge. He has an amazing ability to retain things he hears & use them in the appropriate context, even if he doesn't completely understand the meaning. And, yeah, he watches a lot of TV. I never know what's coming next.

Like this morning...

Every day when we pull into the drive of his school, he unfastens his seat belt and leans over my seat to give me kisses. I told him even though I'd be back in a few hours for his Thanksgiving celebration, I still wanted my kisses. We hadn't quite pulled all the way into the parking lot when the smooch-fest began. Then, The President noticed the policeman who directs the school traffic every morning. And he said...

"It's the MAN, man!"


Edited to add: When I checked him out after his Thanksgiving lunch, we were in line behind a soldier in his camouflage uniform. Leaving his mom teary-eyed, speechless, and oh-so very proud, my son walked up to him and said, "Thank you for serving our country."

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! At least he didn't call him a "pig" or "oink" at him!!!

(Hold on cop lovers...I'm a cop lover too...It was just a joke!)

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Its the man! BWhahaha - and I bet the soldier was touched too!

 
At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one funny kid you have!!!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Ann(ie) said...

What a cutie pie you have!!

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

I so LOVE the Pres! I bet he made that soldier's day! :)

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

"The man" , HA!



You should be very proud of him for being such an intelligent , funny and sensitive kid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home