Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Twelve Things I Love About My Baby's Daddy

To celebrate my recent wedding anniversary, here's a little tidbit for each year we've survived without killing each other been joined in wedded bliss.

1. He washes dishes and childen, sometimes both in the same evening. Bow chicka wow wow! He will even do either and/or both without the bow chicka...

2. He undestands female politics. He pays attention--knows when to ask if I'm screening before answering the phone, doesn't tell everything he knows, and has learned to just listen to me bitch about someone or something instead of telling me to take the high road, because...

3. He has a much better heart than me. He really does try to see the best in all people and situations. He's an optimist. I'm more of a...realist.

4. He's a social butterfly. My Baby's Daddy is totally outgoing & never meets a stranger. I do have to remind him when we attend social events that I didn't just come along to be the nanny while he enjoys cocktail hour.

5. Women love him. He's affectionate & nice. He also loves to know the latest scoop, so he'll participate in a little harmless small-town gossip. This comes in handy with #2.

6. He can fix stuff. Sometimes.

7. He is great with the kids. He has always been "hands-on" & helped me with feeding, diapers, and entertaining the troops. The boys are crazy about him, and he expects them be respectful to me at all times--that's a big deal to him, and I appreciate it.

8. He totally gets my sense of humor, and he has this fantastic laugh when he gets really cracked up. I call it his "silent laugh." Kind of silent & wheezy until the big chuckle busts out at the end.

9. He is intelligent--I can't imagine spending my life with someone without being able to have great conversations. It doesn't matter if it's something big (like current events, politics, or life decisions) or small (how do you like my new pedicure? guess who I saw today?)--we are very compatible & on the same wavelength.

10. He makes me feel safe. I know that I can count on him, no matter what. There was a time when I felt he was the only one in the world that I could depend on--and that feeling of security is a bond that would be hard to break.

11. He calls me a bajillion times a day. Yes, it drives me insane sometimes, but he really does just like to talk to me. That's pretty good after 12 years.

12. Date night...whether it's Appointment TV or a real dinner-and-a-movie date, or the somewhat annual trip-without-kids, we always have fun spending time together.

Stay tuned tomorrow for "Twelve (or more!) Things That Piss Me Off About My Baby's Daddy!" Just kidding.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Well you can't have the 12 wonderful things without the 12 things that piss you off right ?


Love all of these , but the fact that he enjoys a little gossip...well that makes me lurve him too ;)

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

Oh and Happy Anniversary!

 
At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky girl...How about 12 things that are fantastic about YOU!!!!

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Wade's World said...

Great list and Happy Anniversary!!!

 
At 6:42 AM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

What a sweet post! Sounds like you may need to hold on to him! :)

Mr. Mayhem is quite the chatter too.....we laugh saying he and I fight for the spotlight!

It's all funny until he steals it from me! (hee-hee)

Happy Anniversary!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Ann(ie) said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:55 PM, Blogger Ann(ie) said...

My first comment was lame so I deleted it. I think you guys sounds like a perfect match.

And you're lucky b/c neither of us can fix things!!

Happy 12 years, love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home