Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Ch-ch-ch-changes...

The Southern Fried House of Fun is always a work in progress, and now even more so. My Baby's Daddy has officially decided to open a new chapter, and to leave the world of Management (after seventeen years with the same company!). I think that this new opportunity in the world of sales will be a perfect fit for him, and that he will be oh, so much happier. After much negotiation, prayer, and consideration (on my part--he was ready to sign on the dotted line before immediately) we have decided to take a leap of faith.

My main goal right now is for us to be in a bigger house within a year. When we bought this house (8 years ago), it was perfect for us--with a little room to grow. Well, we've grown. Two kids and a live-in Dad later, it's time to move it on up to the east side! Even with four bedrooms, we are on top of each other right now...we need some extra space, big time. And a big ol' kitchen, and a nice outdoor area (with pool, please) to entertain... Oh, yeah, Mama's got some big ideas. And believe you me, if he has to take a moonlighting job delivering pizzas while he chases his happiness, Mama will be in that big ol' house within 12 months!

Meanwhile, I've been working on getting our current house "market ready." We've moved out of every house we have lived in since we got married just as soon as I got it "the way I wanted it..." So, organizing, donating, cleaning out, painting, decorating, and throwing crap away are my main priorities. I've been setting big and little goals all along the way. Right now, I'm looking for a new print to go over the mantle, and paint, artwork and accesories for the office. Hopefully I'll get the boys' bathroom painted within a week. (Thanks,Pop!)

Good times.

Oh, and we're having the Sex Talk, phase one with The President tonight. More on that later!

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Amie Adams said...

Good luck! On both fronts.

I need more space too--sort of. But I love our neighborhood and the school district, so I can't move. *sigh*

 
At 8:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it sells the first day!

But then you'll be in a world of hurt to find your new house really quickly. It happened to us. But at least in a crappy market (Suburban Detroit) it sold.

We are looking at a career change, too. Scary, but it would be so nice to shop at Publix again without having the power shut off!

 
At 7:38 AM, Blogger Wade's World said...

Congrats on the future move. We will be looking within the next 6-8 months to start looking for a new house. It is so scary!

Did something prompt the big talk with the President? I am so not ready to even begin to think about that discussion.

 
At 11:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sex talk already??? Yikes!
Good luck.

And good luck with the new change in careers for the hub.

I send my love your way!

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

You go, Southern Fried Mama.

Umm and when you get that house on the "Eastside" with the pool I'll be awaiting my invite to the par-tay!

Good luck with it all!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

Whew, the President is growing up so fast.

Good luck with the selling and buying a new home. I think it is so exciting to search for a new house (albeit stressful). We're bursting at the seems too but it looks as though we are going to be here another 5 years, at least.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home