Monday, August 27, 2007

A blog about nothing

I'm sitting here procrastinating, because I don't feel the heat of my grant-writing deadline just yet. I should totally be taking this opportunity to work. I've got the house to myself. Both kids are in school. Pop took my van to get new tires & pick up some grocery items. I've got the desk & computer area set up like I like it. And yet, I'm just wasting these rare moments of silence and uninterrupted work time. I'll be cranking out this grant with two kids underfoot, dinner cooking, Pop folding laundry (which makes me feel guilty, like I should be helping), My Baby's Daddy reading over my shoulder humming , "Bow Chicka Wow Wow." It would be so much easier to get ahead, but I almost think I function better in the midst of chaos. That makes no sense at all. I'll chalk it up to my creative, free-spirited side. Whatever.

In other news, I am finally sitting in my new office. (Again, another good reason I should be working). We had an office with a desk and the whole nine yards...then we had Fat Baby. The office became the nursery, where he lived happily for nearly three years. Then, about the time The President decided he wanted to re-do his room and get bunk beds, Fat Baby started climbing out of the crib every. freaking. night. We were in the process of renovating The Pres's room, so for a while we ended up with both kids in our bed. every. freaking. night.

We got the bunk beds, put them in a room together, and I got my office back. I'm still "decorating" it, but it's oh, so much better than the cramped little corner of my bedroom where the computer was stashed. I feel like I can spread out, and I can also leave something I'm working on & come back later to find it still there. It rocks.

This could be the most boring post I've ever written....somebody, send me a meme or something! And let me know when and how you procrastinate! I'm going to work now, I promise!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:29 PM, Blogger Sassy Pants said...

I'll come to your rescue! Or at least give big ol' "Amen!" to procrastination. It's always at the most opportune times to get work done that I decide I must, simply MUST, catch up on all the blogs I have blog rolled, or play a frustrating game of Spider Solitaire.

I can't think of a genetic or evolutionary reason why we might be programmed to do this. But we are. And you can't fight human nature. You just can't.

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I come over and keep you company?

I'll bring the margaritas!

We can talk about grant writing, or Chippendale's...what ever!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

And here I thought I was the only one who was a horrific procrastinator!

I am so like you with the waiting until the last minute...it is like my mind does not work any other way!

Congrats on the office!

PS: I'm coming....if JJ's coming...it's only fair! :)

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

I don't get a thing done without a deadline RIGHT around the corner.

We just put our two in the same bedroom. I miss having an office but the toys are starting to over take the house, so we're going to have a "playroom" with, if I get my way, a piano so I can have somewhere to retreat in the evenings. It feels so luxurious to have the extra room!

(there ya go, a boring comment to make you feel better about your post. :))

 
At 8:24 AM, Blogger The Farmers Wife said...

I'm often the same. I can sit down in a quiet house with a nicely laid work desk in front of me and nothing. My mind goes blank and I mess around (like now perhaps?) on the net. Fill the house with people and get me cooking dinner, ect and suddenly I have a million and one things I need to write down! Typical!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home