Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Crap

This morning, I found myself feeling creative & with a few minutes to spare. So I made a little note with scrapbook paper & stickers to go in The President's lunchbox. It said, "YOU ROCK! Have a great day. I love you, Mom"
(I occasionally surprise him with a little note. One day last year, he sent the note back & had written "Thanck you" on the back) I pretty much forgot about it until I picked him up this afternoon & some little punkass kid says, "The President hated that note you sent today."

Well, my sweet and sensitive first born just absolutely lost it. He began sobbing and saying, "No I didn't Mom...I LOVED it! I really did, Mom. It was a great note & I loved it."

I didn't have time to talk to the teacher (until later this evening at our PTO meeting), but she did reprimand the child & remind him that "we've already discussed this at snack time."

I was heartbroken for my son, and hopeful that my well-intentioned note hadn't caused him to be ridiculed. Mostly though, I was pissed. Kids are so mean. I told The Pres that if he still wanted me to send surprise notes I would. And maybe there might just be an extra surprise...like cash or chocolate, so he could taunt the kid & say, "Yeah, I really hate it that my mom sent me this special note!!!

I have PMS, too. I am ready to put on my pjs and enjoy Dancing With the Stars.

Oh, and Fat Baby put his hands down the back of his pants and finger-painted with poop today.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Blogger Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Poor Mr. Pres. I feel so bad. He prob loved the note and those little twerps had to ruin it!! You need to send some candy that he can pass out to his good buddies and leave the other twerps out..

Sorry about the poop!

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Wade's World said...

Sounds like it was a "crappy" day for ya'll :)

Isn't it crazy how mean kids can be, and I would bet serious cash that this little punk is going to be trouble for alot of parents in the coming years. I hate that Mr. Pres had to be the brunt of his antics, especially over something so kind on your part.

How did you know that stuff about the google searches on your previous post?

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Danielle said...

I'm so sorry the Pres. had to go through that. Kids are just really mean. It is sweet that he reacted the way he did though. You have a great kid there (in case you didn't already know :) ).

I have been VERY lucky in that no one has finger painted with poo, thus far. Though my daughter did get hold of the brown tempura paint and painted one entire wall in the playroom. My first impression was that it was indeed poo. I was SOOOO relieved to see it was only paint.

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw. That's terrible.

Kids can be so rotten.

Did he say he wants you to keep leaving notes?

Crapwork. Nice.

 
At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry the Prez had to put up with that kid. Why do some of them have to be so mean. Maybe someone needs to take the time to send him a note in his lunch.

Sorry to hear about the crap too. But didn't you say you wanted new artwork for the house:-)

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

You're right, kids can be incredibly mean. I'm ready to kick some teenager's butt for stealing something of my son's but that would just not do. I've been where you are before. It got a bit better for my kids as they got bigger and older.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home