Wednesday, November 07, 2007

This is how my mind works...

I am so tired of that trick-or-treat post, I can't even tell you. I wish I had time to post every day. This time last year, I was doing NaBloPoMo (national blog posting month). Great fun, got a lot of new traffic, can't commit this time. Too bad for me. I seriously wish I could clone myself, as I really don't have time to be sitting here right now.

Because I know all 6 of you who read this blog are on the edge of your seats...here's the news around here:

*We've all been in bed by 8:30 every night this week. Thank you, Jesus for the time change!

*I can't believe that Sabrina was voted off Dancing With The Stars. She was seriously the best dancer.

*Recently overheard, The President to Fat Baby: "I've got three words for you, Fat Baby---SHUT YOUR PIEHOLE!!!! Actually, that's two words and a compound word." I'm so glad he's learning something in school this year.

*For the first time in my life, I will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner at my own house this year. I feel like such a grown-up, I'm totally excited! My Martha-genes are working overtime. The only other time we've not traveled to visit relatives for Thanksgiving was the first year we were married. We lived about 4 hours away, and My Baby's Daddy (who was just known as My Hubby then) worked as the director of dining services on a college campus. Their football team was in the playoffs, and consequently he had to be there to supervise their holiday meal. I spent the day alone in a town I hated, and when he got home (late) we had turkey subs from Subway. That's love, people. We did have a family thing later in the week-end, so you don't have to feel too sorry for me. I felt plenty sorry for myself! Anyway, I am going to rock the house with my first ever Turkey Day meal!

*I've kind of started a little borderline holiday shopping. No lists yet, though.

*I have two ideas for our Christmas card picture. Coming soon.

*I'm considering a pre-lit artifical tree. Where's the best place to go? We usually have a live Frasier fir, but I've heard there's a tree shortage, and since they're going to be $$$$, I might as well invest in something permanent and convenient. I'm willing to entertain arguments for and against. Offer up your opinions!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got a real nice fake prelit tree at Target. I love that tree, no fighting with lights, no needles to pick up and if the kids or animals knock it over I don't have to kill them. I think about it, but I don't have to do it, because there was no water to clean up on my hardwood floors.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

The President rocks. He's learning some valuable skills that he will need later on in life (for other obnoxious people...not Fat Baby of course)

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Target has some nice trees but I have my eye on one at Costco. Good price too!

The President cracks me up. That kid is awesome.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

YOu want to talk about compulsive planning?

I am almost COMPLETELY done with my Christmas shopping...especially for the kids!

I am a fan of the pre-lit tree. I bought my at Wal-Mart and we have truly enjoyed it! If you want a really nice one...you should shop a local nursery...they usually have the fancy kinds!

PS: Did I ever tell you I HEART the Pres? :)

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger SHELLEY said...

I got my fake tree at K Mart, they have beautiful Martha Stewart trees there and if you can stand it they have wonderful Black Friday sales

 

Post a Comment

<< Home