Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Chillin'

Finally! I sit here in the heart of dixie with socks on my piggies. There is the potential for a little gas log action this evening. Wahoo! I love fall. I do love that I live in a climate where I can wear jeans, a t-shirt, and flip-flops pretty much until Christmas. (That reminds me of something cute. Fat Baby has a new little boy in his preschool class named Christian & he calls him Christmas. I love it.) Anyway, the mercury has finally dropped a little. I love to let the house stay slightly chilly & then just spot heat with the fireplace. So cozy! I can't wait to get everybody in pjs tonight, so I can be lazy. Anyway, the office is the coldest room in the house, so I had to break out the socks. Being a good Southen girl, I love to be barefoot whenever possible. To minimize the inprisonment of my feet, I guess I'll wear Crocks today. (Wow, this is an exciting post....yawn.)

So, what's new around here? Wheezing, hacking, coughing....that's pretty much it.

Pop is having a birthday this week-end. His sister & I have planned some birthday festivities. I am baking the famed Italian Cream Cake & making a Paula Deen dip. (Spinach, bacon, 5 kinds of cheese, hot and bubbly---yes, please!) We are going to stay overnight at my aunt's house. All the kids are bringing their costumes, and we'll do trick-or-treaty stuff. Bobbing for apples, face painting, pinata, etc.

Since I am the family activities director, I am supposed to bring games for the adults. I am bringing my bunco set (standard at all family parties), and maybe a card game like Phase 10 or Uno. Any suggestions?

I thought of doing pumpkin carving, then each family could take their pumpkin home for Halloween.

I know it's going to be fun laughing, eating, and hanging out. I am really looking forward to it.

While I'm thinking of costumes and Paula Deen...I had the great idea to spray my hair gray, sport and apron, and dress as Paula for Halloween. (It would so work, believe me!) "HEY,Y'ALL!" Anyway, I ran the idea by The President, because I would be wearing it to an event at his school this past week-end. He said, "No, mama....I want you to be a supermodel or a princess!" (He's not brainwashed or anything). How could I disappoint my sweet boy? I had to put on the glam. So instead of going the Lane Bryant supermodel route, I wore a long, straight black skirt and black sleeveless shell with blingy jewelry, a white boa (chosen by The Pres), a tiara, and a ribbon sash that had "Mom of the Year" in gold glitter. It was fab-u-lous! I teased up my pageant hair & everything. I was totally into it. In fact, I'm still wearing it. Just kidding. (Counting the days 'til Wednesday, though...)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you LOVE this time of year! Your costume sounds fabulous-I wouldn't expect anything less. I see you finally got your boa. FYI I think the Paula idea is great-you should do it! There is always Halloween night.

Hope we can catch up soon. Still have to fill you in on my tune up.
Maybe we can hook up for some Thai on Monday. Have a great weekend! Hope Pop has a wonderful birthday!!

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Wade's World said...

I could totally see you as a Princess!!!

As for fun games, don't forget the card game spoons. If you don't know how to play, just google it. It is so much fun and mass chaos!!

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Paula...just can't eat that heavy!!!

Happy Birthday to your Daddy!!!!

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Ok, as a constipated woman I totally read the first line of this blog entry the wrong way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home