Monday, March 03, 2008

I told y'all he was the president...

So, on Wednesday, The President has to do a report and presentation about a famous American. He chose the president (duh). He also has to come to school dressed as the aforementioned famous American. When I brought home his navy blazer and striped power tie, I thought he was going to hyperventilate. (It just occurred to me that I'm raising Alex P. Keaton). He has been campaigning (pun intended) for a "tuxedo" for two years. I could not make myself buy an honest-to-God suit (cheesy)for a seven year old, but he is going to rock the house with a blue oxford, khakis, and bucks (apparently they're making a comeback)along with the tie and blazer. I can totally coordinate the ensemble de frat boy. Looks just like his dad back in the day. It was so freaking cute, I could not look directly at him.

I told him that we should dress Fat Baby in black and sunglasses with a walkie-talkie to be the Secret Service. (Also a good idea for Halloween...)

Later, The Pres told me that he didn't understand...everyone knows about the Secret Service, why not just call it The Service?!? Smart ass.

In a non-presidential moment, we were having a conversation about the weather....(80 degrees today, 40 by the middle of the week) and the possibility of storms. I asked The President if he'd ever heard that March is "in like a lion, out like a lamb." He hadn't. I asked him to think about it & tell me what he thought that meant.

"Is it when you have a fart & then let it out softly?"

Hail to the Chief!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Blogger Dallas Meow said...

alex p keaton -
I soooo wanted to marry him.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I's vote for him.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Wade's World said...

Can we write him in for 2008? I think with enough blogging mama's out there, he could have a real chance.

Hail to the Chief!!!

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

Love that kid!

HEY....where did you get his bucks...I am looking for some for Junior Mayhem for Easter!

 
At 5:49 PM, Blogger Stacey said...

OMG, could he be any funnier. How you ever stop laughing with that kid around is beyond me.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger so tired said...

I'm so glad you found my blog and commented. I need to check your blog out more but I had to comment right away.

My 7yo son is a budding Alex P. Keaton too! For this birthday he received a Richard Nixon doll. I have him on video jumping up and down screaming "Yay! Richard Nixon! I love Richard Nixon!"

I was like, well what seven year old boy wouldn't want a Richard Nixon doll for his birthday????
He also got Teddy Roosevelt. He received George W. Bush for Christmas. My daughter got Laura.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger so tired said...

OK, I see your note on my gmail account. But you see I set up the gmail account just for my blog. And it's fairly new. I'm having trouble opening it. Just not smart enough to figure it out.

My brother-in-law bought the president dolls. I'm not sure where. I'll find out for you! My son loooves them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home