Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thinking it Through


Ever since this happened, I haven't posted anything. Being the classic first-born overachiever, I didn't want to post anything new until I had addressed the task at hand (i.e., creating a new post honoring five--only five?--thinking bloggers worthy of the title. I think it put a little pressure on me, since at least one person out there sees me as a THINKING BLOGGER! Moi?!?! I think about how big my ass is, how many days until my girls' beach trip, how my highlights are holding up, and how much I love love love Joey Fatone on Dancing With the Stars. I think about what's for dinner, what's the next good book (and by "good book" I don't necessarily mean literary-good) I am going to read, and I think about offering My Baby's Daddy sex in exchange for him bathing the kids or doing the dishes.

To me, Thinking Blogger carries with it the connotation of one who is deep, profound, and eloquent. Someone who is passionate about the things they stand for. Who has lived an exciting, adventurous life, and has much wisdom to impart.

But, if Janet says I am a Thinking Blogger, then we must broaden the definition: A Thinking Blogger is someone who is self-aware. Someone who cares deeply about those she loves, and tries to express her passions through humor and truth. A Thinking Blogger is someone who shares a piece of herself every time she hits the "Publish" button. A Thinking Blogger can share frustration and sorrow coupled with joy and tenderness. Sometimes a Thinking Blogger will write about her dad's Alzheimer's Disease, and sometimes she writes about needing a pedicure. She doesn't have to be Socrates, for the Love of God...she's just who she is. Her thoughts matter.
The rules are:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.

Here are five bloggers who make me think, and make me smile!




The Queen of the Mayhem is a Southern girl like me. She's constantly trying to stifle her inner-hottie and behave appropriately. I would be thrilled for one of my kids to have her as a teacher. She often has to quickly delete some of her racier posts, in attempt to maintain decorum. But that's why I love her so darn much--if my son's teacher had a blog with an ad for the Camel Toe Cup, we would totally be best friends!

Mamma at Mamma Loves...is a fairly new blog for me. She is sassy and funny, and her real mom post is right on the money! I look forward to seeing what she'll say next.

J at Oh, The Joys is someone I classify as a blog-lebrity. She is freaking everywhere, and everybody reads her, and she really leaves comments. (Even to me!) She has a fabulous, sarcastic wit. You can always count on her to say something that is so true in a way that no one else could have possibly thought to say it.

Ann at Yer Doing It Wrong is a new mom. Her pictures of her newborn son first drew me in, and they keep me coming back. It just makes you want to smell that precious little baby head! She's also funny, and smart, and I could so have her over for cocktails!

Lotta at Mom-O-Matic (by the way, Lotta, I had already chosen you as one of my five before someone else beat me to the post! You don't have to do it again, unless you just want to). This was one of my very first blogs. I knew I loved her when I saw the header, "So Dry It's Crispy." I was hooked, and have been checking in just about every day since. She has rallied the Future MILFs on a journey to hottie-ville, but in the meantime, she doesn't mind sharing the woes of plus-size swimsuit shopping. Alas, to find a little something to make my 38Ds seem perky-ish....but I digress...Lotta rocks! Oh, and vote for her, too!
I think...I'm done with this post!

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger OhTheJoys said...

Hey there! You are so sweet! Thanks for the love!

(I have already done the thinking blogger post so I'm wondering... do I get to do it again? That would be cool because the whole "pick five other bloggers" things was hard! Just five? Lawsy!)

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

You are so dang nice!!!! You made my day woman. And the thought that you come by everyday makes me get all weepy.

Thanks for reminding me I've got to pick my 5 think'n blogger awards to bestow too.

But I hereby give you the kickass award.

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How I love that.
Great post.

Miss you terribly and hope you are well.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger devilishsouthernbelle.net said...

What a great idea. Just got here through Dancing Through's blog. I am in the southeast as well, and always looking for more blogs from this area to read. I like yours :)

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

Thank you so much for the thought! I feel the EXACT same way about you! I find myself often crying when reading your posts, usually from your helarious wit....but sometimes from your touching tributes, and honest portrayal of the difficulties in dealing with an ailing family member.

I really appreciate the thought!

We would definitely be the best of friends in "real" life......maybe one day we will get the chance to actually meet and laugh in person...over cocktails! :)

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

YOU are making my day, girl. Thank you so much! If I'm visiting your state one day I will be calling you to get directions to your place and I'll bring the cocktail fixin's. How much fun would that be???? =) I'm going to creat my thinking blogger post tonight!! xo.

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

I posted my choices.....it was fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home