Friday, February 09, 2007

Life as I know it...

I have spent the last three days with a two year old and an Alzheimer's patient...and how was your day?


Pop is home from the hospital after nearly two weeks. And by home, I mean...my home. He needs a place to transition with family who has the time to spend. My step-mother is on overload, and I am a stay-home mom who has been given the blessing of some fragile and precious time with my dad. He is improving each day. The medication changes have made a world of difference. Step-mom & I have a close relationship and are cooperating to make everyone's life as peaceful and productive as possible.

Thanks for your good wishes and prayers. Please continue to remember my family, and to pray for peace and healing. God is good!

I can't tell you how tired I am...it's just hard to let your guard down and relax when going through a trying time, even if it is improving. It's a delicate balance, and I'm just doing the best I can....the good news is, I should weigh about 98 pounds after chasing the aforementioned two year old, and running my butt off all day. It seem there has been little time to break for food. Here's what I ate today: one & a half granola bars, a handful of wheat thins, a shared bag of popcorn & chocolate covered peanuts at the movies with My Baby's Daddy & half a chocolate chip waffle at Waffle House after the show. Yeah, totally unhealthy (this has been the first day of junk food in a loooooong time) but I'm just running on fumes all the way around.

I am falling asleep at the keyboard...more updates & happy news to come!

4 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

I am so happy to hear that your father is improving. It is a really good thing you are doing for him! I hope he continues to do well! As for junk, you deserve it!!!!!!!!!!! :) Don't get too skinny...I HATE those waify chicks! (hee-hee)

Hope you got some sleep!

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are handling it all. I was just thinking last night, Jeez, I can't even take my ONE child some days...how is SFM gonna handle her kids and her dad?

I send you my hugs.

Your dad is so lucky to have you for a daughter. He is loved dearly.

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

I will pray for you too!!

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Wow, you win! I won't complain about my day today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home