Monday, February 05, 2007

Weighing in

I haven't forgotten about the whole Future MILF thing. In fact, when I do eat it is usually quite healthy. For obvious reasons, I haven't had much of an appetite lately. I had a weigh-in today with the statewide program I'm participating in. I lost 2 pounds this week, and 3 last week! Yahoo! Call the papers, I've just discovered the Alzheimer's Diet!!!!

And speaking of....things are still quite shaky with my dad. He is extremely fearful of being robbed of control over his own life...although he did remind me once that God is the only one who has any control over anything. He is sometimes frantic with worry that he will end up in an institution for the rest of his life. We are all still running the gamut of emotions. He is alternately paranoid, frantic, irrational, unreasonable, and irritable, and it's pretty much all rooted in fear and uncertainty. And the emotions are contagious. I find myself on edge most of the time, and hate it when this m-f-ing disease makes me yell at my sweet kids whom I haven't seen all day. Please continue to keep us in your prayers.

*Update: I am keeping a private Alzheimer's journal now, as well. I feel I need to record specific conversations, events, and details so that I have a record of things that are happening so fast and so furiously. There are some things that I just don't feel are appropriate to record publicly. This is such an ugly, horrible disease.

5 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

Yay on the weight loss! I'm just sorry you're going through such sad stuff. Keep your chin up! xo.

 
At 7:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job on the wight loss woman. I wish I didn't eat when I was stressed. I do just the opposite.

Good idea about your journal too. It may make things easier, if not now, then in the long run for sure.

I am thinking of ya'll... I mean you.

 
At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job on your weight loss. I continue to think about you and your family.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Deb said...

I stumbled in and yeah for the weight loss thing. But I am so sorry to hear about the other. I know first hand how evil the disease is as my grandfather died from it last Jan.

You have a long hard road ahead of you for that I am sorry. Spend as much time with himas you can now while he knows who you are. You are in my thoughts, if you ever need to vent I am here.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

Congrats on the weight loss....even if it is for terrible reasons!

I can't even imagine what you must be feeling! I remember the day we took my grandmother to the nursing home. She screamed and yelled (among other things) and told all of us we were just after her money. It was devastating. Of course, she needed round the clock care, and none of us could provide her with that. I will continue to pray for you and your family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home