Thursday, February 01, 2007

One Day at a Time

I had no idea when I started this blog that it would become such a source of support. Thank you all so much for your concern, kind words, thoughts and prayers. It is a great comfort to me to know that I have this network of caring people in my life. It's nice to have a place to come where I'm just venting or expressing myself for me...no one else close to the situation is here. It is for me alone. I really need that right now. Here's the update. Dad is still hospitalized, and it's a very bumpy road. Monday was one of the single hardest days of my life. There are not words to express the emotions that come along with a situation like this. Frustration, anger, grief, despair, distrust, hope, love...the feelings changing in a flash, running concurrently. For now, we are just waiting, as we wean him from one medication and add another. I can see how this disease (or any long-term illness) could tear a family apart in a minute. Thank God, we are still united.

I'm trying to keep things as normal as possible around here. My oldest child is so in-tune and perceptive...he is listening when you think he's not, and it's not just the words you say that he hears. My Baby's Daddy has been absolutely wonderful. I am very sure that I married the partner that God intended me to have. That doesn't mean that next week I won't be writing a post about him driving me freaking crazy...He does make me crazy (isn't that part of the job description of husband?), but he also makes me feel safe. He holds me when I cry. He is awesome with the kids when I need a break. He helps around the house. He cares. He listens. He makes me see the other side.

I am tired of being sad and stressed. I want to write about something fun. I will continue to try to keep a positive attitude. I am praying for peace for my dad...none of us will have any peace until he does, I can promise you that.

To my friends, old and new: I just can't tell you how thankful I am that you're here. I'm sending love and hugs to all of you. Stay tuned, because you know I'm going to want to have some fun really soon!

7 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm here waiting for the fun to begin...You know I'll be the first one waiting on the fun line....


hugs.

 
At 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sending out prayers for peace and comfort for your dad and your entire family.

Remember that whatever you need I am there for you. I am only a phone call (and about 2 mins) away!

By the way, when you are ready to have that fun; give me a call! I still think we need to have a girl's night out!

Love you!

 
At 1:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi girl - thinking of you so much.
We will get that coffee day soon I hope! You are an AMAZING woman - you are handling things wonderfully. Prayers are sent your way.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

Sounds like you are doing your best to get through a tough situation! Don't worry....you will have LOTS of fun....SOON! I can fell it! (we are from the south....and we JUST CAN'T go very long without some!)

I am praying for you and your family!

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

I wish I could take you out for a fun night out on the town. Take care of yourself, darling. Still praying for you!!

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow .. the strength in this post is overwhelming! I am sure you do not always feel strong at this time but wow! You are.

Janet sent me over ... Hugs to you and your family.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Trixie Twatwaffle said...

Janet sent me over. You are an amazing woman. Keep being strong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home