Thursday, January 11, 2007

Purging

Here are a few things that are on my mind. The random format is perfect for today, since I feel like I've been walking in circles all week.

First, here are a couple of things I've come across to break up the monotony of healthy eating:


Yogurt Burst Cheerios....I've been eating the strawberry ones dry as a snack. Great for the kids, also. I'm not a big milk fan, so I don't have them for breakfast, although it would fill you up. A serving is 3/4 cup, and that is only two points!! They are yummy.

In order to get in all the required water of the day, I've been treating myself to the Crystal Lite on-the-go packs...just add to a bottle of water & shake! Wal-Mart even has them in the store brand, which is about half the price & I really can't taste a difference.

Finally, I found this POINTS calculator that someone created online...quick and easy for figuring out your daily intake. (Weight Watchers also sells a fabulous POINTS calculator, which is great to take to the grocery store & instantly know what a food is worth. Works as a regular calculator, too, so it's nice to keep in your purse.

That's it for my product endorsements for the day! But while we're on the topic of weight loss, My Baby's Daddy wants to know what are we going to call the participating dads. Is he the only one? I don't think DILF will work, do you? He suggested DIMs, (Daddy I'd like to Marry) since boys & girls just don't think the same...but, really--I wouldn't mind him being a hot-as-fire DILF! Suggestions?

In other news...the new TV season is up & running. Hello, Grey's Anatomy!!!! I'm going to have to work really hard to get everyone in bed & settled down this evening, so I can concentrate. American Idol is starting on Tuesday the 16th...it's going to be TiVo time up in here!

I also just discovered a new show on E! called High Maintenance 90210. MBD and I highly enjoy it. It's about an agency that supplies celebrities & other LA personalities with nannies, personal assistants, chefs, butlers, etc.

And finally, in keeping with the New Year's Resolutions, I cleaned out a big ol' trash bag full of junk out of The President's room while he was at school. We are getting rid of pounds, getting rid of junk, and getting ready for a great 2007!

5 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

I've been meaning to try the yogurt burst cheerios! Those look GOOD!

AND....new Grey's Anatomy tonight. WOOHOOOOO! I've been missing it. What a great show!

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not even on weight watchers and I use their points calculator during the day. hee hee

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

I am going to get some of those this weekend! They sound delicious! I am all about low cal- yummy snacks!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Those Cheerios are DA BOMB!

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

My daughter loves those Cheerios. Thanks for reminding me cause I'm grocery shopping tommorow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home