Thursday, November 30, 2006

A month in review....kind of like the Cliff's Notes of this blog

Hooray! We've made it all the way through NaBloPoMo. And I posted. Every. Single. Day. I've made some new friendships along the way, and gotten to know some of my fellow bloggers. What a great time we've had. Here is a recap of the month, for those of you who may have missed out on some of the fun. I wrote about blogging, I wrote about Alzheimer's Disease, things I love and things I don't. There was a whole post about my pajamas. I participated in my first meme this month...and my second, and third. I love those things (both reading them and writing them). I wondered who I should tell about the blog, and decided not to tell the whole world. I got lots of comments, which I totally love! I wrote more than once about my neurotic tendencies, including planning and list-making. I celebrated all my neuroses, especially the "Nine Kinds of Weird" meme, which was almost exclusively dedicated to my Rules of Food. I shared a recipe called "White Trash." Lots of Stress. Family. Drama. Love. I was oh, so thankful...I stopped to smell the roses. I looked for the good in bad situations (and there were plenty of those). Sometimes the good and bad come together in a single package...like my dad's Alzheimer's Disease (Big AL) giving humor with the sadness. How can you not laugh when your dad has substituted a pair of his wife's panties for a handkerchief at church on Sunday morning?!? I wrote about losing stuff...my glasses, my sanity, my dad's health. And I wrote about avoiding stuff...confrontation, drama, having sex with My Baby's Daddy...There was holiday fun in the air, and holiday rants all around. I was introspective, extroverted, pre-menstrual, and just plain old me. Thanks for coming along for the ride!

4 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did it!!! I am so proud of you!!!

 
At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The reasons right there...why I keep coming back every day! I'm proud of you, for writing everyday, but most of all for finding the strength to write what you did. Stay strong. That's what this blog stuff is about right. I know it helps me find a place I am comfortable with and I have met such fantastic people (you) because of it.

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a very good ride. Where do I buy another E-ticket to go again? (I really hope you are old enough to know what an E-ticket is or I will feel ancient)

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I am so glad you started blogging and that I found you..you found me..whatever. :)

You did it! NaBloPoMo was great and I have enjoyed reading all your posts!

Now..keep posting because I want to keep reading!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home