Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Baby Jesus is MIA, and I don't feel too good myself

Since we're decking the halls and everything, I got out the Little People Nativity Set. It hadn't been out for 24 hours, and already we were short the Christ child, Joseph, and a Wise Man. The camel and the cow took a bath with Fat Baby. I want the kids to enjoy it, and to relate to the Christmas story in their own way...but I have this need to know that the set is intact at all times. I am way less neurotic than I was when I only had The President to deal with. I used to put all his toys away just so every night! Every. Stinkin'. Night. I counted (yes, really!) all the potato head pieces, and put them in the plastic case. I put the Little People cow in the barn, the chicken on the nest, the pig in the mud, etc. I am not a neat freak (by a long shot!) and I am not OCD about neatness and organization, but there is just something about making sure that I've got all my stuff. I can't stand for something to come up missing.

I found all the pieces to the nativity set tonight. (I wasn't going to sleep until I did). Our Savior and company were resting comfortably in a Wal-mart bag with some rolls of film I just got developed. (Courtesy of Fat Baby, I'm sure). Before My Baby's Daddy went to bed, I had him count the pieces (just for old times' sake) and put the set in a safe place. I think I'm going to keep it on a high shelf, and then get it down in the living room when the boys and I can play with it together. I just don't think I can take the stress of constantly chasing down all the pieces.

Yes, I did take my Zoloft today. Yes, I do have raging PMS. Yes, the family stress-o-meter is still kicking up regularly. Yes, there are only like 26 shopping days until Christmas. Yes, I need a break. Why do you ask?

9 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you do get that break maybe you could have one of these in your hand....Enjoy!


Christmas Jones

This drink begins with a blend of the flavor ingredients and is topped off with 7-Up for a little fizz, then garnished with fresh mint. Making it a yummy holiday drink. This recipe makes two highball drinks.

INGREDIENTS:
4 fresh strawberries
1 part vodka
2 tsp superfine sugar
5 oz pineapple juice
7-Up
mint sprigs for garnish
PREPARATION:
In a blender, whiz the vodka, strawberries, sugar and pineapple juice together.
Pour the mix equally into two highball glasses.
Top with 7-Up.
Garnish with a sprig of mint.


Between the Sheets

Everybody loves oranges, satsumas and tangerines at Christmas, so this cocktail will be a sure-fire hit.

1 part cointreau or grand marnier
1 part brandy
1 part rum
2 parts freshly squeezed lime juice

Mix the above ingredients together and serve in a martini glass. Decorate with a twist of lime or orange peel and drop a few tangerine segments into the glass

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And yes. I do the same exact thing with SF's toys. They all have their own home and I hate, hate, hate when she loses a piece. It totally drives me batty.

Needless to say, I'm lightening up. The psych ward doesn't need or want me this early.

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org said...

Wow, I thought I was the only one. It must be a mommy thing. I totally can relate.

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Wendy aka Cheeky said...

HEHE - I suggest putting it on a high shelf too. I have my own little quirks and it really ticks me off when part of something comes up missing....

I take zoloft for PMS stuff too - hubby seems to think every bad mood is PMS and he will say "have you taken your pill today" hhehehe

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

I took your baby Jesus.

Ok, I didn't but if I lived by you and we were friends I would likely hide Baby Jesus in a new spot every time I came over. The spice drawer, etc.. Makes for good fun.

Also, one word. Xanax. Just got the stuff and I take it during the PMS week or visits home to my family. Saves my anxiety prone ass!

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put it away! Who needs nativity stress?!

 
At 7:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stopping by via NaBloPoMo... Just had to tell you I love the nicknames you have for your kids!! So cute.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

That is too funny! At least it is a Little People's Nativity. I found my son playing on his train table with numerous pieces of my Fontanini set. In case you don't know, Fontanini is a RIDICULOUSLY overpriced brand. Needless to say, I was not happy! As for OCD, I certainly am NOT when it comes to cleanliness, however just about everything else is a different story! Great post!

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Southern Fried Mom said...

twinsmom-come on over & I'll mix them up for us! sound yum-my!

janet-if i get to the ward first, i'll save you a spot...

lotta-won't you be my neighbor?!? i had some xanax after fat baby was born, in the height of my sleep deprivation and ppd (which i still have, and he is TWO and a HALF for the love of God!) anyway, about the second or third day home with him, in a xanax induced stupor, he rolled off my chest onto the floor...we're all recovering, though

 

Post a Comment

<< Home