Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Spirit of Giving


As I mentioned in yesterday's post, we had family visiting from out of state for the holiday. Since they won't be able to be back for Christmas, they thoughtfully brought presents for this children at this visit. The President received a cool remote control car, and a Christmas DVD that I so look forward to watching in the van on our way home.

I heard my sweet boy using his good manners, just as I've always taught him. He said to my aunt, "Thank you for the DVD, and I appreciate it....but I don't like Veggie Tales." Kids are so darn literal...I have always told him that if he gets a gift that he doesn't like, or already has, to say thank you and appreciate the fact that he was given a gift. He's just so honest...I guess I forgot to one step further and explain that you don't have to tell everything!!!

6 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org said...

That is so cute. I'm with you, I love veggie tales. My son doesn't like them either, yet. I say yet because I pray that the more I watch them the more he will like them. Who am I kidding? I just want to watch veggie tales!

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is why he is "the President". Knowing kids, your relatives shouldn't get 'too' upset about his honesty...

I kinda like it.

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Tonya said...

I can so relate.....Love your blog!

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Cute! I'm so glad my son digs Veggie Tales. It's about the only church'n he's getting these days.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Oh man...gotta love that. I can't tell you how many times my kids have done something similar to me!!

I have never watched a Veggie Tales. When they first got popular, my oldest was "too old" and then when my other 2 came along, well, we've just never gotten a veggie tales tape/dvd. I'll have to get one for the wee ones.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Thany said...

Angie, you are never too old for Veggie Tales. :)

Hilarious story...love it!

Write on NaBloPoMo'er!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home