Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Holiday Fun

Here is an e-mail survey that I got from a friend the other day. I love these darn worthless knowledge things, and this one will help to get us all in the holiday spirit. (Yes, I know it's not even Thanksgiving yet, but since the Wal-Mart is playing Christmas tunes, I can go ahead & post this survey.) Thanks to my good buddy Janet for the inspiration to post a quiz today...it's a slow news day. Don't be a scrooge, play along and answer in the comments!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot chocolate, made with milk, and whipped cream on top (no marshmallows)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? sits them under the tree, artistically arranged, of course
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white
4. Do you hang mistletoe? when I can find it
5. When do you put your decorations up? The week-end after Thanksgiving. As soon as live trees go on sale. My Baby's Daddy likes a live tree...we've done both, and are thinking of getting a pre-lit fake one this year. If so, it may be sooner, but I doubt it.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? At Christmas, my dad cooks prime rib, and my step-mother makes an awesome salad with artichokes & a homemade dressing that I love. My mom makes a hash brown casserole for Thanksgiving that we ask for every year.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:We used to go to my Grandmother's house every year on Christmas eve, and when we left we would pass a radio tower. My dad told us it was Rudolph's nose, and we better go straight to bed when we got home!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?The truth about Santa? He's a great guy, and if you don't believe you don't receive!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? If we go to my Grandmother's house, we do. Since our second child was born, we have opted to stay home (we live 2 1/2 hours away) for the holiday, and travel to see family Christmas day and after.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With ornaments I've been accumulating since I got married. I buy at least one new family one every year & my mom gets Hallmark ornaments for all of us each year. We try to make a festive time out of putting up the tree...playing carols, making hot chocolate, etc.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it--you know why? It only snows here once every three or four years, and then just a couple of inches for maybe 24 hours.
12. Can you ice skate? Yeah, but it's not pretty! (At least I could back in the day...)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? finding out I was pregnant during the holiday season twice!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? the buffet! ha ha! of course, it is spending time with my family & being thankful for our blessings
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? My mother's Pumpkin Cake with Cream Cheese and Pecan Frosting
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I keep a basket of children's Christmas books on the fireplace hearth, and we turn off the lights and snuggle up and read stories. Ever since I was a little girl, we have read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" right before going to bed on Christmas eve. At Thanksgiving, all the grandchildren help my dad prepare a big turkey to go in the smoker. We also play Dirty Santa at my dad's with the brothers & sisters on Christmas night. Totally fun!
17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving--the older I get, the more I love to do special things for others. My favorite gifts to family have been a family cookbook that I put together, and a calendar with different pictures of the kids to represent each month.
18. Candy Canes! Yuck or yummy? They are o.k., but I prefer chocolate.
19. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Vacation
20. Which reindeer are you, and why? Blitzen...because nothing says, "happy holidays" like a night of boozing it up with your friends and family!

2 Comments:

At 12:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog. Although this year I may try some Silk Nog, but soy and the holidays don't really go together.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Sits them under the tree
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, but maybe I should.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The first week in December before our annual anniversary trip (got married on the 7th)
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I have so many...For Thanksgiving it has to be my Mom's dressing (almost as good as my MiMis) and on Christmas my mom's potatoes au gratin.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:I don't have one particular memory, but I always treasure the memories of visiting my grandparents on Christmas Day. All of the family being at one place..now that my grandparents are gone we all try and get together, but it gets harder and harder every year.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I still believe!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? The main color scheme of my tree is gold and burgundy. I have glass ornaments in those colors with a matching tree topper bow. I also have tons of family ornaments that my mom gave me and ones that we have bought in our travels.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it, because we NEVER see it. 12. Can you ice skate? No, but I have tried and failed on numerous occasions.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I thought about this one for awhile and the one thing that kept coming to mind was my Cabbage Patch Doll that I got when I was 6 or 7. Her name was Brittany Danielle and she went everywhere with me. Matter of fact I still have her!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with my family making new memories to cherish. My favorite time of the year is the week between Christmas and New Years. Hubby is off and the four of us can do whatever we want!
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? I can't name just one, but I would love to try some of that pumpkin cake!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? One of my favorite traditions is church on Christmas Eve. I love the candles and the congregation singing Silent Night. There is something so peaceful about it. Its there that the craziness of the holidays stop and the world is still....
17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I certainly enjoy receiving, but I just love to find that perfect gift and watch the person's face light up when you give it to them.
18. Candy Canes! Yuck or yummy? Don't hate them, but I would prefer a piece of Peppermint Bark.
19. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation-its not the Christmas season until we watch it!
20. Which reindeer are you, and why? Vixen, because what other name could an aspiring pole dancer have?

 
At 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? hot chocolate, all the way!!!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Oh, he wraps sistah!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I do! I also used to have a mistletoe headband that I wore everywhere!!! But I lost it. I think my hubby stole it from me.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Around Lily's birthday, December 20th. We have a pre-lit tree.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Stuffing.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:Going to Aunties House on Christmas Eve. (I have just started to really accept Christmas again...it's a long story. You'll read abut it soon.) SO memories are just coming back to me.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth? Santa is alive and well in this house!!!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, at my in-laws home.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With ornaments from my childhood.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Hate the stuff.
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, I can.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My first walkman.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Celebrating Lily.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Anything chocolate.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Listening to christmas music.
17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving, But I hate/despise going to the malls to shop.
18. Candy Canes! Yuck or yummy? Gross.
19. Favorite Christmas Movie? A charlie Brown Christmas.
20. Which reindeer are you, and why? Dasher...I'm always the first outta there.

Thanks this was so cute.
By the way...I tagged you AGAIN!!! (Sorry)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home