Saturday, November 11, 2006

Five More Fun Things

If you've been reading my elusive posts, you might have gathered that something's been up with the Southern Fried Family. My sister is going through a divorce. The whole family has worked hard to support her, and to do everything necessary to make the transition as comfortable as possible for her and the children. Combine the emotional, stressful turmoil with my dad's Alzheimer's Disease, and it's a wild ride. In honor of this week from hell, I've decided to call today's post:

"Five Things That Are More Fun Than My Sister's Divorce and My Dad's Alzheimer's Disease"

1. Going to the gynecologist for your annual exam, and having to wait for an hour and a half freezing cold, naked, covered with a paper gown.

2. Staying up all night with a colicky baby.

3. A root canal without Novacaine.

4. Swimming in shark-infested waters with an open wound.

5. A paper cut on your tongue.

Seriously.

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. I'm sorry. You are right. Those things are way more fun than what you are going through right now.

Stay strong. Your family needs you. If you need to chat...I'm here.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Angie said...

I can tell you are a great sister and daughter!! Hang in there. (((hugs)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home