Monday, November 06, 2006

Proper Planning

I am such a planner. I'm one of those people who gleans great joy out of making a list starting about 3 weeks before I go on vacation. I am also one of those people who get bent out of shape when I have a plan, and something unexpectedly changes my plan. (I am really not type-A across the board...definitely not a neat-freak, way less organized than I should be, sometimes a procrastinator). All that being said, I am currently planning for the holiday season. It makes me happy to have lists of what the kids need and want, who we are planning to buy for, and how much we are planning to spend. While I haven't gotten that far yet, I did e-mail some family members today to get wish lists for the kids. I've purchased a few things, and I have a plan and a back-up plan for our family's Christmas card picture. I can't tell you how happy that makes me....it's just plain sick. I'm like a totally laid-back, outwardly dysfunctional, irreverent Bree VanDeKamp (Hodge) or Martha Stewart. I really do enjoy planning things as much as I enjoy the event itself. And my Christmas card picture is going to totally rock. I'm not going to post details until it's a done deal, but I might just have to shake off the cover of anonymity to post the actual picture...

And remind me at the end of next month (when I am planned-out, partied out, stressed-out and worn-out) just how excited I was.

4 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Ok..our similarities stop right here with this one. :)

I am a procrastonator of the highest order. I am not a list maker. I am a person filled with good intentions unfulfilled.

I'll be eagerly awaiting details of all your holiday fun! :)

 
At 6:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you dearly. Thank you for visitng me.

I already ordered my christmas cards. I take photos home and upload them onto 'a photo-card-site' and I can't wait to get them.

My gift lists are made, my toy catalogues dog-eard and my money squirreled away in my drawer...I save a few dollars here and there and use it for holiday shopping.

I make lists about my lists and I rewrite them when tasks are completed...There's no crossing things out for this mom. No way jose.

Yes. I too am a procrastinator. And I'm not all that fond of the holidays but my lists make things so much easier.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Nicole P. said...

Courtesy of Aimee: http://www.playmash.com/

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Southern Fried Mom said...

Janet...you go on with your bad self! Already ordered the cards--that rocks! Gives me a little anxiety attack, but I'll be okay...I am also a list re-writer, not a cross-outer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home