Friday, October 27, 2006

Fun-tabulous Fall Friday

Reasons why it's fun-tabulous:

Fat Baby's costume arrived last night & fits perfect. He is a total hoot walking around roaring and growling!

I lost 1.5 pounds this week (even with water-weight gain), for a total of 5 pounds in 3 weeks. Slow and steady wins the race, and I've found that a slow, consistent loss is better than a quick, unhealthy one.

It's rainy and chilly, and I am going to surprise the President with some Friday night Family Fun. I bought pumpkins, kids' carving kits, halloween cookies to bake, popcorn, s'mores...we're going to light a fire and enjoy the season. These are the things I hope my kids remember when they grow up.

It's my dad's 58th birthday today, and we are going to visit him tomorrow. Happy Birthday, Pop!

I just found a note I left myself on the kitchen counter that says:

hot chocolate
whipped cream
pictures!!!

Now get your minds out of the gutter!!!

I forgot to pick up hot chocolate (The President's all-time favorite) for our family night, so I've got to get it when I pick him up from school. I'm also reminding myself to take school pictures to hand out to the grandparents this weekend. (Why did I put the exclamation points? Will that really make me more likely to remember?)

If something happens to me, somebody please come & get rid of the note...can't you just hear my kids in therapy?

6 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a fabulous family night!! Don't forget "Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" will be on at seven! I will talk to you when we get back. I am sure I will have lots to share. Pencil me in for Monday the 6th! Talk to you soon!

Love
Butch

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger Southern Fried Mom said...

You are the darn bomb, Butch! (That is the last time that I will humor you by publicly referring to you as Butch, btw.) Thanks for the directions...The Great Pumpkin has been tivo-ed, festivities are beginning soon, looking forward to lunch on the 6th!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Angie said...

But..but..but...I wanna lose quickly!! Unhealthy be damned!! :)

Why does it have to be so hard?? (she says as she eats a reese cup)

Blah..

The costume sounds so cute!

PS yes I DID throw in a Balki reference in my post.. :)

PPS gee, I hope it was you who mentioned that on my blog...else I will be very embarrassed!!

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

5 pounds in 3 weeks? I'm so, so jealous.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

"Slow and steady wins the race" uh-oh. Are you in Weight Watchers? I recall that saying. I did Atkins. Lost 30 pounds in 2 months!! Promptly gained back 22 when carbs and I reunited.

I'm think'n of doing the WW thing again. How is it going for you?

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Southern Fried Mom said...

Lotta--yep, I am on the old WW wagon...again. I have been very successful on it in the past, losing 60 pounds. I quit following the program, started slacking off on working out & I could see the pounds creeping back on. Since I threw away my "fat clothes", and am not going to buy bigger ones, I knew I had to get serious about it again. (Otherwise none of last year's fall clothes are going to fit). It totally works for me, and I like the flexibility. Good luck! (Why yes, that is Halloween candy you smell on my breath... I did go to the gym this morning, for what it's worth.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home