Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Get your fat ass to the gym....sweetie

So, I've been battling with my weight for as long as I can remember. Well, that's not entirely true. I quit fighting for a few years, and the chub won. I was overweight by anybody's standards when I became pregnant with my first child. I had a perfect, healthy pregnancy--I even had no swelling. That gave me such a false sense of security. I had always assumed (i.e., heard my mom's voice in my head telling me) that big girls always have dangerious pregnancies. HA! I thought, I beat the system. Being big doesn't mean being unhealthy. (Yeah, right!) Fast forward four years and baby number two. I started swelling the moment I conceived....I swear my nose spread out when I was 8 weeks along. Then, I developed gestational diabetes (which my SKINNY sister had with both of her pregnancies). I might not eat healthy for myself, but I will do whatever I can for my kids. After 9 pound 2 ounce Fat Baby was born, I had lost 40 pounds of baby weight and mama weight through the diabetic diet. I joined Weight Watchers and shed 60 more. Well, guess what...if you don't follow the WW program, you don't keep losing weight. Some of those old pounds will come on back & they want to bring friends! So, before I can't wear any of last fall's clothes, I am determined to do what it takes to be a healthy weight. My Baby's Daddy has always been so supportive, and even at my heaviest, he never made me feel anything but loved and beautiful. So, a couple of weeks ago, it was our 11th anniversary. We usually just go out to dinner, or take a week-end trip, but usually don't exchange gifts. He was just so excited, though, because he had gotten me a present...He kept saying, "It's not really an anniversary present. Just something I thought you'd like..." Let me just say, My Baby's Daddy is a notoriously B A D gift-giver. I have asked him, "Do you really have bad taste, or are you just cheap?" We have long ago established our own "gift registry" system, and it works very well for us. He doesn't have to think, and I get what I want. I hadn't even hinted about anything I wanted, so I had no idea what it could be. He was nervous, obviously didn't want to get my hopes up that it might be something fabulous, like diamond earrings. It was an mp3 player--and guess what? I love, love, love it! I have been working out like a fiend. It's one of the best gifts he's ever gotten me, and I didn't even know I wanted it! It's hot pink, so he even considered the cute factor! Hooray for Daddy! He gave me that little extra motivation, without even trying. That's luv, baby! Anybody have suggestions for good work-out tunes? I'll try to post my weekly weight loss totals--the more accountable I am, the better!

2 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

My baby's daddy just skips the whole gift process alltogether. Maybe our men should get together and babysit the kids while we go get some margaritas and complain about them?

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Southern Fried Mom said...

You name the place, Lotta, and I'll buy the first round!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home