Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things I love....
1. Kissing my kids' cheeks when they're still pink and warm from sleeping.
2. Getting to the movies in time to get a prime seat in the dead center of the theater.
3. When My Baby's Daddy cracks up at something I've said and does the "silent laugh."
4. Route 44 Diet Coke with Lime from Sonic with a large splash of Malibu rum.
5. Snuggling up with a good book.
6. Cooking & entertaining and having people enjoy the things I've made.
7. Getting a pedicure.
8. Going to church on Christmas Eve.
9. Shopping online.
10. Riding with the windows down, and the tunes cranked up at dusk on a summer evening.
11. Taking a nap in front of the fireplace on a cold, rainy day.
12. The few moments of quiet at the beginning and end of every day.
13. Getting comments on my blog!!!

Thirteen Things I Don't Love....
1. Getting into a situation where I am at someone else's mercy, like shopping or running errands with someone else or going on a road trip without my own wheels...I really need my independence.
2. Stepping in freaking gum in a parking lot...For the Love of God, people!!!! Wrap it up, or find a trash can. There is no excuse for throwing your nasty, chewed up gum out where I will inevitably step in it.
3. Things that taste good make you fat.
4. Bad manners.
5. The fact that nothing I do stays done, i.e., the laundry, the dishes, picking up toys, changing dirty diapers...
6. Getting up early....I am soooooo not a morning person!
7. Alzheimer's Disease.
8. Chaos.
9. When people don't discipline and set boundaries for their children.
10. When people don't take responsibility for their own choices in life.
11. Political ads on television.
12. Star Jones-Reynolds--she looks like a Bratz doll, and she won't talk about how she lost her weight. She was already on my list of people I can't stand, but I must watch every chance I get when she was fired from the View.
13. When people don't leave comments on my blog.

2 Comments:

At 3:11 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Ok..I'm gonna comment a bunch here..so be happy! :)

Love list-
#1-aww..I love that, too. For some reason, my 15 year old doesn't take to it so much ;)

#2-I agree. What I hate is when I am there in plenty of time, and then the theater gets full and people who get there late expect ME to move. Nope. No way. Not gonna happen.

#3-waaaay too proper. You gotta say, "Baby Daddy."

#5-ahh..heaven

#6-my worst nightmare. I hate to cook and entertain. But really, I'm a nice person. Promise.

#10-yup
#11-no fireplace, dang it!

Don't Love list-
#3!!!!! #6!!!!! and pretty much all the others, too.

I didn't want to hijack the whole comments area. ;)

Have a great weekend!

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Southern Fried Mom said...

Yay for Angie!!! That's what I'm talkin' about. Comment, comment, comment...I love a little give & take! As far as "Baby Daddy" goes--MBD is his official blogname, like the kids are The President and Fat Baby. You are so right, though...Baby Daddy is much more hip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home