Saturday, November 04, 2006

My First Meme

I shamelessly "borrowed" this from my great new blog-friend Angie. Thanks for a little inspiration!

Do you snore?
Not really...I've been told I have a little baby snore occasionally. My Baby's Daddy can rattle the windows, though! The C-Pap machine saved our marriage (along with Strattera for his adult ADD!)

Are you a lover or a fighter?
A hormonal, sometimes anxiety ridden, short-tempered lover. I avoid conflict like the plague, except in situations where I am totally secure. Not so lucky for MBD, I am totally secure in our marriage & can totally fight for something I feel strongly about. A little of both, then I guess.

What's your worst fear?
Not being around to raise my own children.

As a kid, were you a Lego Maniac?
I was a Barbie Maniac.

What do you think of "Reality" TV?
If I get hooked on a season, I love it...can't get enough. This was my first season ever of American Idol. I. HEART. TAYLOR. HICKS. That's kind of reality TV. I totally loved the first season of Big Brother (Chicken George!)--that was when I was pregnant with The President & would put a bowl of ice cream on my big tummy while I watched it. Another favorite was Average Joe...I joked I would name my second baby "David Daskal." Seems I especially love reality tv when knocked up.

Do you chew on your straws?
No way! Every time The President steals a sip of my drink, he will flatten that sucker...makes me crazy!

Were you a cute baby?
Of course! Okay...my dad says that I looked like a raisin, but after a few days when I turned pink I was totally stunning!

Is the single life for you?
No way.

What color is your keyboard?
Black with white letters...dude, it's a Dell.

Do you sing in the shower?
Yes. Badly. Loudly.

Have you ever bungee jumped?
No, I'm not a daredevil at all.

Any secret talents?
I am an open book---If I have any talents, I can't wait to show them to you!

What's your ideal vacation spot?
Tropical, with a good book, a fruity drink, my husband, and a good nanny.

Can you swim?
Yes, but I prefer to float.

Have you seen the movie Donnie Darko?
Never heard of it.

Do you give a damn about the ozone?
Is that the new diet that's going around?

How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
Sorry, I can only have 8 licks...Weight Watchers, ya know.

Can you sing the alphabet backwards?
I can say it backwards, so probably but I've never tried.

Do you prefer electric or manual pencil sharpener?
Electric. I wish I could use it on my eyeliner pencils, too.

What's your stand on hunting?
If I let my husband go hunting without bitching, I'll have bargaining power.

Is marriage in your future?
I sure hope so, I took some vows to that effect...

Do you like your handwriting?
Yes...lots of people say I have nice handwriting.

What are you allergic to?
Penicillin and grass. (Grass like the lawn, not like pot.)

When was the last time you said, "I love you"?
Just a little while ago, when I put my baby to bed.

Do you cry at weddings?
Depends on the wedding.

How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled with cheese, not too dry...my hubby makes great scrambled eggs. I also like them boiled.

Are blondes dumb?
I am blonde, so obviously I think not...I do enjoy a good blonde joke, though.

Where does the other sock end up?
Under the seat in my van.

What time is it?
10:23 p.m.

Do you have a nickname?
My dad has always called me "Goober"--Goob for short...isn't that heinous?!? Once he took my sister & I to a very nice locally owned shop in our hometown to buy us Easter dresses. He calls loudly across the store, "Hey Goob, what do ya think of this one?" I wanted to crawl under something and die. It doesn't bother me now like it did when I was 14, obviously.

Is McDonald's disgusting?
The service at our local McDonald's is what is disgusting...I have tried to boycott it, but with two small kids, you just keep ending up there. I would not turn down a double-cheeseburger & fries if I were stranded in the desert...or if I had really bad PMS.

When was the last time you were in a car?
Two and a half hours ago.

Do you prefer baths or showers?
I love a long, hot bubble bath...but that is practically non-existent since I had kids. A quick shower is usually the route I take.

Is Santa Claus real?
Heck yeah! And if you don't believe, you don't receive!

Do you like to have your neck kissed?
If the mood is right.

Are you afraid of the dark?
Not really afraid, but I'm just used to having some kind of noise and/or light on...like the t.v.

What are you addicted to?
80s song in my head: "Gonna have to face it you're addicted to love..."
Seriously...food, Grey's Anatomy, my newest addiction is blogworld!

Crunchy or Creamy Peanut Butter?
Yes, please! My new favorite is crunchy Peter Pan with Honey. Mmmmmm!

Can you crack your neck?
No, and I don't want to.

Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
No.

Is Drug-Free the way to be?
Totally. (Except alcohol, and caffeine..)

Are you a heavy sleeper?
Yes, but not as much as I was before the kiddos came along.

What color are your eyes?
Blue.

Do you like your life?
Definitely.

Are you psychic?
No, and I am notoriously UNobservant to boot!

Have you read Catcher in the Rye?
Yes, more than once. A classic.

Do you play any instruments?
Piano and clarinet. I wish I were better at piano. (I can just hear my mom' s voice now, "I told you to practice..."

Have you ever stolen money?
No way.

Can you snowboard?
I live in the Deeeeeep South....I've only seen snow a handful of times & not usually a substantial amount.

Do you like camping?
If by camping you mean I'll have access to running water, a hairdryer, and air conditioning, then absolutely.

Do you snort when you laugh?
Only if something is snort-worthy.

Do you believe in magic?
Nah.

Are dogs a man's best friend?
I am definitely more a dog person than a cat person...but we don't have any pets at the moment.

Do you believe in divorce?
I believe that it is sometimes the best alternative in the situation...mostly, I believe that marriage is a serious, lifetime commitment with vows that are not to be taken lightly.

Can you do the moonwalk?
But why would I want to?

Do you make a lot of mistakes?
At least one a day.

Is it cold outside today?
About average for this time of year...kind of chilly.

What was the last thing you ate?
A granola bar.

Do you wear nail polish?
I keep my toes done religiously in the summer, spring, and fall (open-toed shoe season). I don't usually wear polish on my fingernails.

How many people do you like right now?
Lots.

What's the most annoying tv commercial?
Jessica Freaking Simpson's Proactiv commercials. She makes my ears bleed.

Do you shop at American Eagle?
I have.

Favorite song at the moment?
Loving downloading lots of tunes on my new mp3 player...can't choose just one!






2 Comments:

At 1:55 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Yay! Someone who likes memes like me! :) Anytime you wanna steal one, go for it!

My hubby has a c-pap machine, too. He doesn't use it consistantly, though and I have to get on him about it.

Oh, girl..I had Barbies out the wazoo as a kid. I was a Barbie fanatic! My friends and I made up elaborate lives for them. Fun stuff.

Ok..I knew I was getting a good 'I like you" vibe..but now..Taylor Hicks! YES! Big Brother!! Average Joe!! I cracked up at your David Daskal thing..hee hee

I could go on and on..but we are a lot alike. :)

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Rashenbo said...

Goodness! that was a long one! :) interesting stuff though, thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home