I've been tagged by Janet a.k.a. Wonder Mom to participate in The People Collection Meme. The idea is to list five things that people might not know about you. All the responses will be linked to Sharon's Five Things. Then, it'll be a quick resource to help writers when they need a little inspiration. You know how much I love these things, so here goes:
Five things I bet you didn't know about me:
1. I am completely and utterly rat-phobic. I don't mean that I dislike them a little bit, I am talking about heart-racing, hyperventilating, nightmare-inducing phobia. This applies to the entire world of vermin, including, but not limited to: rats, mice, moles, hamsters, gerbils, and the worst of all--possum. A squirrel is just a rat with good PR. Okay, I've really got to stop thinking about it. Seriously, my palms are getting sweaty.
2. When I was 15 years old, I was the leader of our youth council at church. During a church business meeting that became extremely hostile & confrontational, I saw a man that I had known, loved, and respected all of my life drop dead of a heart attack. It took a long time for me to heal from that incident, and I did not attend church on a regular basis again for more than 20 years.
3. When I was in the first grade, I was reading on an 8th grade level. I was in the "gifted" program. I think I was born with a book in my hands. But I hate math. I almost flunked algebra. I have a hard time making myself do something that I don't enjoy.
4. I had my tonsils removed when I was 28 years old. I can not tell you how terrible it was...I would rather have 10 more babies via C-section than to have my tonsils out again. However, I am glad that I don't have them anymore.
5. I don't like milk, but I love every other dairy product I can think of. I always say there's going to be a big pile of cheese in Heaven!
I don't know five people with blogs who read my blog, so I will tag a few of you who have stopped by from time to time. You inspire me, so I figure the rest of the world deserves to know you, too!
I am tagging: Angie
Jen at Mama Drama
Pay a visit to Sharon & let her know when she can link to your post.