Friday, November 24, 2006

C'est la vie!

Okay, maybe you had to be there...maybe we've been staying up too late, eating too much, whatever. This was funny stuff to me & my sister. We had another holiday gathering tonight at my sister's house with my mom's brother & family from out of state, mom's sister, my grandmother & the whole gang. We were talking about my aunt's recent trip to France. She mostly stayed with a friend's family, so it was different from the touristy trip to Paris, staying in hotels, eating out every meal. She did her share of that, but it was interesting to hear about her experiences. She was talking about eating "real" French food that the family prepared, and mentioned that salad was served at practically every meal. Another relative asked, "What kind of dressing did they serve?"

Under her breath my mom said, "French?" She can be a stereotypical blonde sometimes, so of course my sister and I both thought that she was not trying to be funny. My sister discreetly kicked me, because we were both thinking the same thing. Well, that was all it took. I started having that suppressed laughter feeling....like when you know it is bubbling up to explode, and you know you're not going to be able to stop it. I thought if I could just hold it in, my sister & I could have a discreet chuckle in private later. But, I just caught a glimpse of her out of the corner of my eye.....we were laughing like a couple of hyenas, we were crying, we could not speak, we were on the verge of leaking bodily fluids!!!! It was just one of those moments. Mom said she just thought no one heard her little joke. Yeah, right. She totally thought they eat French dressing in France. Believe me, there will be a bottle of French dressing on the table at every family occasion for a long time to come!

5 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Blogger Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org said...

roflmao

 
At 8:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That's hilarious!

PS. I FINALLY finished the meme you tagged me for. Sorry I'm such a procrastinator.

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love laughing like that. I need a good laugh too...Any jokes?

hheee hee

 
At 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now if I could only photoshop some French dressing into my Elvis picture; we would have one heck of a Christmas card! LOL

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Angie said...

(as you can see, I'm playing catch up around here) :)

That is soooo funny! Reminds me so much of me and my sisters. My husband hates when we get together because we almost always get into a laughing fit that is hard to stop.

Great story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home