Saturday, November 18, 2006

But I digress...

Okay, I came in here to do a quick post before I watch the last two episodes of Grey's Anatomy which are sitting in the tivo rarin' to go...but I got a little distratcted, as I could hear My Baby's Daddy singing the National Anthem in the other room...loudly, badly. Interesting. At least the kids are quiet.

My original thought for this post was to update y'all on my holiday planning. I've been dusting off the cookbooks, deciding which goodies are going to be on-tap for this year's various celebrations. I thought I'd post a favorite recipe, and ask that you do the same. I don't want to get in a rut of doing all the same things year after year. Since we travel for the holidays, I don't usually do a main dish...my holiday specialties are dips, finger foods, snacks, and baked goodies. I'm not a serious baker, but I do love the holiday treats. My gift to you today is the recipe for a snack mix that is totally addictive. A friend requested a batch today for her Thanksgiving road trip.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you, "White Trash..."

White Trash
  • 1 pound white chocolate (almond bark)
  • 4 c. Crispix cereal (can substitute rice chex)
  • 2 c. Cheerios (I use honey nut cheerios)
  • 2 c. tiny twist pretzels
  • 1 c. dry roasted peanuts

Combine all dry ingredients. Melt chocolate according to package directions, and pour over dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir to coat. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Break apart. Store in an airtight container.

*Variations: omit peanuts for "Poor White Trash." Add m&ms for "White Trash With Money!"

I showed you mine, now show me yours!!!! Leave me a comment with some new recipes. It's baking season! (Also known as can't-button-my-fat-ass jeans-season....that's why I love to make it and give it away! Baking therapy...what could be better than that?)

5 Comments:

At 1:40 AM, Blogger Angie said...

I am sooo making some of that really soon. I'll be back tomorrow with a recipe for you. It's like, 2:30 am and I really should go to bed.

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Nicole P. said...

That sounds good!! I'm so trying this!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Marymuses and The Duchess said...

That sounds dreamy! Mmmm ... good.

Me, I like caramel popcorn with milk chocolate drizzled over it. Mmmm.

 
At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was surfing with the NaBloPoMo randomizer and came across your blog. The recipe sounds yummy, I've printed it out. Great blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home