Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Putting the fun in dysfunctional...one holiday at a time


Life is good. Crazy, but good. For the first time in over 15 years, I will be having Thanksgiving dinner with both my parents at the same time, on Thanksgiving Day. My mom and step-dad will be joining us at my dad's house...such the modern, blended family we are. It is totally cool for me, to have my children to be able to experience all the grandparents at the same time. Let me just tell you, fifteen years ago I never could have seen this coming!

My step-mother is an extraordinary cook, and insists on doing it all herself. So, my contribution to the family's celebration is to bring the bunco game, and some booze. As I have previously mentioned, there are 5 brothers and sisters, and assorted spouses (well, we are one short on those this year!), kids, friends, and adopted family. We always like to chill with some sort of after-feast activity. Since I am the self-appointed activities coordinator, I have chosen the booze and bunco route...hey, stick with what ya know, right?

I have one frantic day left of running here and there, packing up, and travel. I hope all of you join me in living in the moment, and appreciating those we have chosen to celebrate with. It takes more than DNA to make a family. Be thankful for them.

4 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is great that everyone will be celebrating together under one roof. Y'all are so progressive:-) Hope you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun...I love after fest games....

Enjoy your Turkey Day!!!

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Heather @ thedomesticdiva.org said...

you can never go wrong with booze and a good game.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home