Tuesday, January 09, 2007

No Weigh!!!

So, I am strep-free, and beginning my MILF training. So far, so good! I am very lucky that I have a super-supportive husband. He has always made me feel beautiful and special because of who I am...not some number on a scale. As I was preparing to adhere to a healthy lifestyle, I asked My Baby's Daddy to what degree he wanted to be involved...i.e., did he want to eat exactly what I did, was he planning to work out, etc. He decided that this should be a whole family endeavor--couldn't we all benefit from making healthy choices? Absolutely!

Now, one of my many quirks is my need to compartmentalize things in my brain. I'm sure it's a coping mechanism. When I've been successful in my weight loss efforts, it's been because I've used my Type A tendencies to my advantage--PLAN, PLAN, PLAN!!!! Part of the planning involves having interesting and enjoyable food and beverages that are low in calories and fat. Those things have always been my little treats. Just mine. There are some exceptions. I always keep plenty of Quaker Chewy Granola Bars (2 points!) on hand. Both I and the kiddos enjoy them. Ditto for grapes and other fresh fruits, carrot sticks, etc. I also feed the boys reduced fat crackers, like Cheez-Its and Wheat Thins.

In the past I have bought (hands off, they're mine!) Weight Watchers ice cream sandwiches, grape flavored Propel fitness water, hearts of palm (yummy on salad or plain as a snack...very "artichoke-like"), and other things that help me stick to the plan.

But this time? This time, MBD wants to be on board, remember? He's going to be right there with me all the way. Therefore, I was not allowed to complain last night when he consumed my last cold, caffeine-free diet coke out of the refrigerator. He can't have a sugary soda...he's dieting. So, nothing is off limits around here. I don't know how I feel about that...I've always had my little security items, and now it's community property...Anyway, I stopped myself from reprimanding him, but did ask once more if he is truly serious about shaping up with me. "Oh, definitely, hon!"

We enjoyed a delicious and healthy dinner: talapia with olive oil and rosemary roasted potatoes, and steamed asparagus. Deeeeeelicious!

MBD had to rush off to a meeting just after dinner. He said he needed a little something to "keep him awake." And THIS is what he had!



And one more after the meeting...because they just taste so darn good!

Today's challenge: MBD & I were both going to journal & record everything we eat all day....should be interesting!

6 Comments:

At 4:04 PM, Anonymous TwinsMom said...

So glad you got to blog! I was so worried that my never-ending rambling kept you from getting it done.

It will be interesting to see what YBD journaled today! See you in a little while...

 
At 8:22 AM, Blogger Janet a.k.a. "Wonder Mom" said...

Now I'm hungry.

Glad you are feeling better. Strep sucks.

Good luck you gorgeous thing you. I'm sure you will do great. It's not a diet its a way of life. Think that way and you will do fine.

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

I know exactly how you feel about your personal snacks! My kids will want the diet ones that are (supposedly) just for me, even if the pantry is FULL of stuff for them! My husband is not quite 100% onboard yet. Hopefully, he will soon. It does make it somewhat easier. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Always nice to meet a fellow southerner!
PS: Angelina sucks! :)

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Lotta said...

I'm eating way too many WW 2 pt goodies. I need to reach for healthy core stuff more. Like yogurt and fruit versus fat free jello. Stuff that will go the distance! So glad you are on board with your hubby!

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous OddMix said...

This really helped me. it is an online calorie journal. There is more to it than that, but that is the part that really helped me with self accountability.

http://www.my-calorie-counter.com/calorie_counter.asp

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

I added you to my blogroll. Hope that's okay? Us Type A personalities must stick together!!

Glad you're feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home