Monday, January 15, 2007

Hail to the Chief

Since The President was out of school today, I had one of those rare, lazy just mom & the boys kind of days. I really love it when I get the chance to just hang with the two of them & see what they will do. I'm not a mom who waits anxiously for school to start back in the fall. I have freaking cool kids, and I totally love spending time with them. The Pres totally cracks me up. He has the personality of a 40 year old man, and uses words as long as your arm...and uses them correctly. He loves to watch Supernanny, so he can criticize those heathen children & in a very Eddie Haskell-esqe way remark, "Those children need to go the naughty spot. They don't know how to behave appropriately!" He's six and a half, y'all! He is just a little grown-up, most of the time. He totally loves to force out a stinky fart on my leg, and other such 6-year-old-boyish stuff, but he has an old soul.

The reason I call him The President, is because he announced about two years ago that he was, in fact, going to be president some day. He liked the idea of being in charge of the entire country. Last Christmas, he asked for a desk and a "world ball" (globe). He has a framed picture of the president & White House on his desk. He has since met with the mayor of our small town, and had a front-page article of the meeting featured in the local newspaper.

Despite his grown-up demeanor, there are many things about my first-born that exemplify the wonderful, fleeting moments of childhood. One of the reasons I started this blog is to have a way to keep a record of such moments, before the insanity of life's chaos erases them from my memory.

How could I not want to remember.....
The President's imaginary friend, Invis-O-Bill (he named the guy all by himself)

Speaking of his unique naming abilities--there's Chelsea (the big rubber spider), Harry (his favorite stuffed bear), and Speedy (Invis-O-Bill's sidekick, often pimped out to run errands, like fetching our manners, when we leave them at home)

His love of exclamation points!!!! When we have to write sentences with spelling words each week, you can bet at least nine out of twelve will end in !

How even now, he still sometimes says his Ls and Rs like "W." When we read a bedtime story about swimming, it just melted my heart to hear the way he said "fwoat."

Tonight when I was making dinner, I asked what he wanted. He replied, "Let me see what my tastebugs are in the mood for!"

The President loves to dress in costumes and superhero gear. Tonight, he dressed himself and Fat Baby (the nickname there is pretty self-explanatory) in matching Superman capes, and they attempted to "fly" around the living room (jumping from one piece of furniture to another). So freaking cute it made my uterus hurt! Seriously.

5 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are the reasons we blog. To preserve the cuteness and the not-so-cuteness...I love hearing about my favorite future president.

He makes me giggle every time.

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

I love keeping up with these cute little moments. You know we would never be able to remember them, if we did not write them down. Junior Mayhem also does that thing with the R's. I know I should correct him, but is so stinking cute!

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to costumes and superheros, my 2 year old now refuses to wear real clothes. And my 6 year old still says it's a "flum" instead of thumb, but I refuse to correct him. I'm holding on to that as long as I can, makes me feel like he's still young.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

He sounds like such a cutie pie!! I love how he has a serious side and a fun loving side. What a little blessing! Enjoy every minute you have with him.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Beth said...

It's times like this that we cherish the most. Hailey (5) loves Supernanny too. I get tickled at her when the kids talk back to the parent she will say, Oh I can't believe they done that. She's the same with her L's they always come out as W's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home