Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Southern Fried Update

I really am still here!!! Sorry for the unannounced little blogging hiatus. I really didn't intend to go so long between posts, but I have had a lot on my plate (understatement of the century), and life happens. I'm not going to post about anything specific about my family's situation for a while, but know that my faith is strong, and we are doing very well. Thanks for your prayers, good wishes, and concerns. I am happy to correspond individually through e-mail about the more personal stuff for the time being.

Cool stuff that's going on in my world: I'm working on my tan, and I wish I were working harder on my weight loss. I'm getting there, though. The countdown is on to my annual girls' beach trip. Woohoo! I didn't think we were going to do it this year, but we are & I am so very ready for some mindless sunning, drinking, shopping, and trash-book reading. I even found the cutest baseball cap (brown & pale turquoise) with the Mailbu rum logo! Regular readers (if I have any left) may remember that my signature beverage of choice is a Route 44 Diet Coke with lime from Sonic with a big ol' shot of Malibu---yum-my! Spring Break was last week for The President, and he had a great time. Went to the zoo, a little camping, saw TMNT, and hung out with the family. The weather has been gorgeous (80s) and we took full advantage of it.

Some stuff that sucks: Monday morning, trying to get everyone back in the groove after a week off, I'm pushing the limits of time...go to wake up Fat Baby at the last possible minute...nasty, stinky puke all over his crib, all over him...dis-gust-ing! Change sheets, bathe kid, know that he won't be attending his only weekly day of Mom's Day Out, and my ability to work on my grant-writing will be compromised at best. Along with the fantastic weather here in the Deeeep South comes about 3 inches of thick, yellow pollen. I can not walk to the mailbox with out wheezing, coughing, sneezing, and itchy, watery eyes.

But did I mention that the Girls' Beach Trip is coming?!?! I am also going to book a condo this evening for our family vacation. I am going to be pretty worthless this summer. Anyone care to join me?

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo hoooo..Glad to see you back. I missed you terribly.

I am so jealous of your girls vacation!!! You better take pictures!

I hope Fat Baby is well. Send hugs to both boys!

 
At 10:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are back, you were missed!

Girl's vacations are the best, how fun!

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Amie Adams said...

A girls trip to the beach sounds WONDERFUL!!

I would love to take the summer off. Like you can't believe!!!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Deb said...

Summer Beach Trip??? I want to go!!!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

YAAAAAAAAAAY! You're back. =)

Enjoy your girls weekend. Working on your tan and some girlfriend therapy sounds fabulous!!!

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

I am going on a girls' beach trip in July! I love it....I NEED it! I plan to be incredibly hot by then......OH YES! The beach men will NOT be able to keep their hands off me!

(hee-hee)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home