Monday, February 12, 2007

Freedom

You don't really appreciate freedom until you don't have it. My dad found that to be true, as he spent 13 days in a locked Alzheimer's facility. He is not determined to take full advantage of the freedom he has. Of course, the disease has robbed us as a family of much freedom. If my dad has complete freedom, do we? We are at the mercy of Alzheimer's at all times. It sucks. He is now home with my step-mother, and I'm sure neither of them feel completely free. She is worried about him, and he is suspicious of her trying to "control" him. You can't completely trust with this disease.

He was fine while staying with me for the past 5 days, but he was determined to reclaim his freedom. Made me a nervous wreck. There are so many variables, there is nothing to do except have faith.

Today, however, I feel free. The President is at school, and Fat Baby at Mom's Day Out. I've already gotten some "grown up" grant work done this morning. The only freedom I don't have at this moment is the ability to leave my home, as I am at the mercy of the Lowe's delivery guy who is bringing my new washing machine. Oh, yes, I forgot to write that little morsel. The night before Pop was to join us at home, my washing machine bit the dust. Today is the earliest time they could get the new one in. Laundry was backed up before, so you can imagine that I will be slave to the mountain of dirty clothes all day tomorrow. Thankfully, I had a friend who helped a sister out with a few loads at her house.

At this moment I have a choice. Right now I am responsible for no one but me. Yea! I can read a book, take a nap, watch tv, or talk on the phone. I don't have to be polite or courteous or patient. I can be happy or sad. Or just be. I can turn up the music or enjoy the silence. But now...the sound of music to my ears--the delivery truck is here! FREE AT LAST!!!!!

3 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Halle-frickin' leujia!

Good for you. Enjoy the silence!!!

And I never really did get to truly thank you for your "stalking" the other night, what with SF and Mista screaming at each other...

I appreciated it. hug.

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

Freedom is a beautiful thing! Junior Mayhem has been sick all weekend and now the Princess is acting puny! The only thing keeping me going is the knowledge that on Thursday I am going to load beads on the float I am riding on and then GIRLS' NIGHT OUT! Sounds like you could use one of these yourself!

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudos to you girl - You are WORKIN it just fine! Amazing......alot of stress right now and you are pulling through it!!!!!
ENJOY the new washer!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home