Monday, February 12, 2007

That's the Weigh It Goes...

I lost three more pounds this week! Hooray for me! I am trying to get my life back on track, and hope to be able to exercise more regularly. It will be skinny clothes season before we know it, girls!

I had a really nice & productive day today. I was able to enjoy a lesisurely lunch ALL BY MYSELF! I even read a little. Some quiet mama time is definitely in order in my world. I really do enjoy spending time alone sometimes. As I've mentioned before, I'd rather do my own thing than be at someone else's mercy most of the time. I am a really weird combination of hermit and outgoing social butterfly.

As usual, The President had me laughing today. As we were pulling out of our subdivision on the way to school, he announced that, "This seatbelt is not participating!" Later this evening, he was really not trying to be funny, but I was barely able to hold it together when he found an envelope with some old pictures.

"Mom, is this you & Daddy?"

I started making that nose-laugh sound when I saw a picture of me with some F I N E early 90s hair on the arm of my old boyfriend. "Ummmmmm...no...."

"Is it Dad's brother then?"

"No, it's my old boyfriend before I knew Daddy."

"Oh, back in the day....like the 70s or something?"

"Yeah, something like that."

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

Good job on the 3 lbs!! =) It's good your little guy brings you laughs, too. He sounds like a cute little peanut!!

 
At 5:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go on your weigh in!!!!
The laughs from our little ones are the best!!!!!!!!!!!! Hermit crab and social butterfly - girl I GET THAT!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Back in the day" we say that all the time here...Funny.

Good job on those 3lbs.

Keep on truckin' Mamma!

 
At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job! Glad you got a day to yourself, you deserve it! I love the funny things kids say. My son told his teacher I was 54 years old! That's only funny when a kid says it.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Great job on the pounds and the time alone! And you did it without the aide of cold medicines!

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Ashley said...

Thats fabulous!! Thanks so much for your comments to me! yuo are making a difference!

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

Yea you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home