Thursday, March 29, 2007

Fun and Games

My good friend Janet, who is always hanging out with the coolest kids on the block, is participating in this kind-of-like-a meme, but it's designed just for you. The deal is this...Janet answered five questions, and then she agrees to e-mail five questions to anyone who wants to play along. Which of course, I did. So now, anyone who wants me to send them five questions can keep the ball rolling. C'mon...you know you want to share with the group! Here are five things that Janet wants to know about me:

1. What are you working on a grant for? I do contract grant work for a local non-profit. The majority of funding is to support a 24-hour pediatric nursing facility. I also do freelance grant work, PR, and event planning. E-mail me if you need a grant writer!!! (grantwriting@bellsouth.net)

And you thought I just wiped butts and noses...

2. What do you want your kids to know most about you as a person and not just a mom? I want them to know that I have a great sense of humor, that I love to laugh, I love life, and I love to have fun...life is too short not to! I want them to know that I have always tried to do the right thing, and that I've been able to put my head on the pillow every night knowing that I have not intentionally hurt another person. I want my love of reading and writing to be evidenced in their lives. I want them to see me as a fair and open-minded person. I want them to know that while I wasn't always morally perfect, I was never a hypocrite. I want them to know that while being their mom doesn't define me as an individual, it is the most important part of my life. The day before The President was born, (we knew I was being induced) My Baby's Daddy & I made a videotape of ourselves in the nursery, talking to our unborn child. I try to live by the words he said that day, "You can always ask us anything, and you can always tell us anything."

3. If I dropped you off in the middle of Times Square NYC what would you do? Party like it's 1999....No, seriously--first, I would hope that you would stay with me, because we could have so much fun! I would go someplace fab-u-lous to eat, and then see a show, have some drinks, and see what happens next.


4. If you had to choose one thing to show off about your state/area what would it be?
Besides my kids?!?! Probably the beautiful beaches (about 3 hours from my home).




5. If you had to invite one celebrity over for grits with cheese who would it be and why?
My first instinct is to answer without hesitation--Matthew Freakin' McConaughey!!! He is so deliciously smokin' hot as fire, and ooooooh, that voice-with the warm, slow drawl....yes, please!!!! He has been on my reserve list forevah! Okay, but then I start to think about it....He is so hot and sexy, that I'd be all stressed out and worried about how I look, and what to say. I'm sure he would have that Southern charm of his working, and c'mon now, is there really any danger of Mr. Sexiest Man Alive gettin' busy with Mrs. Married Mom? We'd probably be great friends, have some laughs and drinks on the veranda...but oh, the pressure!!! I would probably be better off with someone like Grey's Anatomy creator Shonda Rimes...someone who is not the object of a long-time school-girl crush, we'd have lots to talk about, and she might even offer me a job as a writer....get me her number, I think I'll just go ahead & call her up right now!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are too cute, I can't take it.
Thank you for playing that was totally fun.

And Of COURSE I would NEVER just drop you off anywhere here in NYC...I'd totally stay to party like it's 1999!

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Amie Adams said...

Great answers! I totally agree about MM. Smo-okin!!

 
At 11:47 PM, Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

I love who you'd have over!!! ME TOO!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

Who would even consider eating grits with cheese if Matthew Freakin' McConaughey was around?

Well, I take that back, if they just happened to be strategically located on his very fine person, I'd eat the things then go back for seconds.. thirds.. and so on. :D

Good answers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home