Saturday, March 31, 2007

Quick and Dirty

Ironically, this post by the Queen of the Mayhem was very timely for me this week. It seems that I did such a fabulous job vacuuming, that I never even had the opportunity to "pay the bills." There has been a lot of double-entendre filled recap about our (short-lived) night of unbridled passion around here this week. For example:


My Baby's Daddy (while discussing fixing our laptop's wireless connection problem): "It shouldn't be too hard, it'll just take me a minute."

Me: "Yeah, I remember."


So, for the past few days, he's been begging for a do-over. A rematch. A chance to redeem himself as the Energizer Bunny of Love. And of course, he's constantly telling me how amazing I am, and how much the vacuuming means to him.

This is a true discussion that we had just this morning:

MBD: "So, do you like doing it (vacuuming)?"

Me: "I don't mind it."


MBD: "But do you like it? I want you to like it."

Me: "I really don't mind. I mean, there are things I'd rather be doing, of course, but it's fine."

MBD: (All astonished that there could possibly be anything more fulfilling for me on earth...) "Give me an example of what you'd rather do."

Me: "Read a book."

MBD: "You can't say that!!!! That's like saying I like to take a good shit, and I like to eat a good steak--it's just not the same!"

Me: "We're having steak for dinner."

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

Okay.....that sounds like a conversation Mr. Mayhem and I would DEFINITELY have!

"I want you to like it". PLEASE! They just want us to do it! I can assure you, Mr. Mayhem is not nearly as concerned about my enjoyment at that very moment!

Thanks for the mention!

Glad to see you back! Missed you!

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could do without vacuuming. If you saw my house, you'd understand...Plus the extra proof is the excitable hubby in the corner. Shaking and twitching...Poor baby.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Amie Adams said...

Yeah, you want us to like vaccuuming and we want you to like rubbing our feet.

There are just some things you HAVE to do.

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Mom O Matic said...

I think they do want us to like it. All, oh yea that turns me on baby! Puhlease. I told husband that it gets me really hot to watch him touch himself. Why? Cause then I get break when my arm gets tired.

 
At 6:34 PM, Blogger OhTheJoys said...

This is a post that makes my heart sing. SING. LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Happy Easter!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home