Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Reviews Are In...

It's just about summertime, and I am oh, so ready for the livin' to be easy! As the school year comes to an end, so have many of my favorite shows. Since it's my blog, I will use this forum to purge my thoughts about the thrilling conclusions. I'm throwing in a bonus book review, since I just happened to complete it today.





I've already touched on Grey's Anatomy. I must say that I did feel a little better after reading Shonda Rhimes' blog on the subject. I can see how she wanted to "burn down the house," and start fresh next time. We'll see if I still have that frustrated, empty feeling at the end of the first episode of the new season.





Desperate Housewives was filled with twists, surprises, and a shocking possible suicide in the final scene. It did provide a sense of fulfillment and closure while leaving plenty of unanswered questions. I have been pretty dissatisfied with the last couple of DH seasons. I felt it was just too silly at times, and not as well done as Grey's Anatomy. The finale was just what I needed, though. I'll tune in again.





Dancing With The Stars...This one, I will really miss. I've made no secret about my little crush on Joey Fatone. I thought that their jive on the semi-final show was incredible. So much energy and charisma! I'm not surprised, though, that Apolo and Julianne won. It was a close race, and they were all excellent competitors.



I've had lots of tests and doctor's appointments with Pop lately, and that's given me a chance to catch up on my reading while I wait. I just finished Best Friends by Martha Moody. It wasn't difficult to read, but it wasn't one of those where you just can't wait to turn each page. I felt no connection to any of the main characters. In fact, I found them to be pretty annoying. The only interesting/ likeable characters were only present for little snapshots--like cameo appearances. Those whose personalities were fully developed irritated the hell out of me, really. I came away from the book with no strong feelings about it one way or the other. I was glad to have something to do to pass the time during doctor's appointments.

The President is out of school for the summer...and I am so glad! I really love just hanging out with my two boys. My favorite times are when school is out & we have nowhere we have to be, nothing we have to do. We are getting ready to work on our tans, have swimming lessons, and go to the beach. We will spend time with Pop, grill out, and stay up past our usual bedtime (hopefully followed by sleeping late!) You won't hear me say, "I can't wait for school to start back!" I'm just one of the kids & I'm ready to play!

Have a safe & happy Memorial Day week-end. Fun on the horizon...will recap when I return!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Queen of the Mayhem said...

We have been living it up here too! No more stinking work for two months....WOO-HOO!

As for DWTS....Joey was my favorite too! I did like Apolo...just not as much!

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Stacey said...

Ahh summer I love it too. Now if I could only find a job that allows me time off to properly enjoy it with my kids!

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger yerdoingitwrong said...

I miss DWTS!!! I loved Joey, too.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger For the Love... said...

Ooh, you are a better woman than me, 3 days into summer vacation and I am singing Christmas songs - "And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again..."


Thanks for adding me to your blogroll!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home